+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Post transfer - to rest or not to rest?

Hi ladies

I just wanted to know what everyone's opinion was in regards to resting (bed rest in particular) following your transfer.

My first transfer was a fresh cycle and we took the no rest approach but obviously didn't run any marathons and stayed away from the gym for a few weeks.

This time around my husband wants me to try the rest approach to see if we have a more successful cycle.

First cycle ended in an early MC.

I've read a heap of reviews, but i thought it would be nice to get information directly from the source.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi there I had a frozen transfer 12 months ago (a 4 month old baby girl now) I went straight back to work after the transfer as I had a big meeting to run and the following week was painting and doing reno's at home when I found out it was successful. So I didn't rest..
    But... One thing my ivf clinic did say though was to not give yourself any reason to question 'what if' or wonder (clearly I didn't listen!)-. Resting isn't going to do you any harm I think so if you're worried I'd err on the side of over-cautious so you know you've done everything you can to give yourself the best chance. Good luck for your transfer!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

RubyGirl  (04-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive done both - rested after transfer (ie couch rest) and not rested at all and gone back to work - Ive had BFP's from both 'methods' but my DD was a 'couch rest' with a few days off work and Im currently pregnant with #2 and he was also from a 'couch rest' with a few days off work.

Im not really sure that it makes all that much difference, if the embie is healthy and sticky, it will most likely stick and stay no matter what.
    All the best, my fingers are crossed for you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarBerry For This Useful Post:

RubyGirl  (04-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did what would be called modified couch rest. No gym or going out etc, but did the washing, hung it out etc. Rest of the time was Netflix. Oh, and a small glass of wine as soon as I got home. Just helped with relaxing and I definitely didnt feel like getting out and doing stuff after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I jumped on a plane about 5 hours after my successful transfer and then was on my feet all day at a work function once I got to my destination! And that was my 6th transfer attempt from a total of 5 stim cycles.... And I only had the one embryo fertilize that cycle, I thought I was out for sure. That sticky embryo is now a 12 week old beautiful baby girl. I honestly think of it's going to stick, it's going to stick, and vice versa but ultimately you need to do what makes you feel comfortable. I think you need to say you gave it your best shot as a previous poster said, and weirdly trying different things each cycle sort of helped keep me sane!! Wishing you every success OP, I just said a little prayer for you, may your BFP be just around the corner xxx

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I went straight back to normal with DS and got a bfp. I did the same with my chem but I am thinking I will try and scale it back a little next transfer although with a 2 year old it is hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took the day off work for my 2 transfers (both bfp) and just chilled out on the couch for the rest of the day.
    It was nice to have a lazy day instead of being at work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for all your thoughts ladies.
    I think couch rest will be the method this time.
    Like a few of you said trying different methods & finding what works for me is the key.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    For DS1, now nearly six months old I flew interstate, spoke at a conference, got stuck in transit trying to come home and was awake for about 18 hours.

If it wants to stick, it'll stick - remember women get pregnant in war zones and many women wouldn't know they were pregnant by this point naturally and wouldn't have changed their routine at all.

Don't drink or smoke, relax and chill out for your own mental health benefit but don't beat yourself up. It's up to the embryo now and you can't really do much to influence it one way or the other.

Good luck Go Embryo, Go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For our fresh transfer, now a healthy 13 week old, I took it easy for a couple hours then had an afternoon wedding to attend. I was on my feet for a long time...

I think it has much more to do with the embryo and uterus health than whether you are mobile or not.

But you do what's right for you. Good luck!