+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    How awkward, especially with a new friendship. I'm not sure what I'd do apart from distancing myself.
    Agree with this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Do you like her and want to be her friend?

If so I would use humour and say something like 'stop hitting on me, you!' or 'I'm not a piece of meat!' or something light at first.

Then if she doesn't take the hint I'd address it more closely.
    This. I'd probably laughingly say something like 'get a grip buddy, do you talk to all your mates like this?' And if she continued to say things after knowing it makes you uncomfortable, I'd start backing away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Um yeah being gay is not a free pass to constantly objectify somebody. To be honest it doesn't sound like she has friendship in mind at all! I would be distancing myself also, however I am super sensitive to those kinds of comments/actions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like her gaydar is way off the mark the poor thing! All jokes aside if I were you I would flat out say "you know I'm not into women right?!" and I would then go one step further and say "I like being friends but let's not make things awkward by blurring lines".

I'm gay and have fortunately never hit on a straight girl before but with ones I'm not sure on I am definitely more subtle than that! She's brave lol

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

beebs  (05-11-2015),Chillies  (04-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Both of these! She could also be putting feelers out to see if your into her. She may think she is in with a chance if your not turning her down. Either way it's OK to treat her the way you would had she been a guy doing the same thing.
    She knows I'm married and she has met my DH.

I'm sure shes knows I'm not into women. Maybe I'm reading too much inot it cos shes gay. Like I said, having a gay female friend is new to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    She knows I'm married and she has met my DH.

I'm sure shes knows I'm not into women. Maybe I'm reading too much inot it cos shes gay. Like I said, having a gay female friend is new to me.
    Gay friends should be like regular friends. You wouldn't expect a male friend to behave that way and for it to be acceptable would you?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

beebs  (05-11-2015),Chillies  (04-11-2015),Frankenmum  (04-11-2015),HillDweller  (05-11-2015),Mod-Degrassi  (04-11-2015),SoThisIsLove  (04-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I'm straight and my friends and I talk like that to each other! So she could just be having a joke with you. I agree with the others that said just brush it off in a humorous way at first if you want to keep the friendship. The fact you haven't shut her down yet probably means she thinks you're okay with it and you're having a little joke together. Something like "you do know I'm straight, right?" actually works since she knows you know she knows you're straight! (That was complex! )

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was all ready to mention it last night but she wasn't at training.

Ive decided that if she does say something next time that I will just say something like 'That's enough of that thanks'. or 'Quit it please'. I wana keep it casual as I don't what her to think I don't want to me her friend.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loislane2010 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (05-11-2015),TheGooch  (05-11-2015)