Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    how would they ever know?
    You don't have to be a genius if you are bringing an increase of x% in sales that don't translate in profits to ask the right questions.
    Especially in a small partnership.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Our office manager gets a % of our sales commission over the office target because shes not on commission and it's a way to reward her if we make extra money then so does she, yes she pay tax on it - I assume they have shown your DP their running costs ( ours don't vary that much) and if it's a small business like ours, every knows what sales are coming in and what the targets are so he will know if it's been a good 6 months or not

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    You don't have to be a genius if you are bringing an increase of x% in sales that don't translate in profits to ask the right questions.
    Especially in a small partnership.
    the financial accounts are none of an employee's business and I think it's a bit rich for an employee to question a business owner about net profit to turnover ratios.

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    the financial accounts are none of an employee's business and I think it's a bit rich for an employee to question a business owner about net profit to turnover ratios.
    Not rich at all if the bonus is dependent on the profit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Wdyt

Not if their wage/bonus is dependant on it - our staff know what it costs to run our business, then they obviously know the sales figures so it's not hard to work out anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wdyt

I'm also skeptical, by my calculations there is a huge difference between the two and they would almost be paying his salary over again (based on the 250k From first 1/4).
    yes whilst retention is important it smells fishy to me

Edit: I would go option C. Counter option a) with a higher % increase,
    Last edited by maternidade; 03-11-2015 at 20:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's just my two cents (and previous experience) but I think if your DH has only been with the company for 3 months its still early days so I would be careful. We use to get questions from sales staff why so much was $x spent on advertising/marketing/sundry expenses/ why costs had to go through in particular quarters etc......(they received a version of the financials to support their bonus) but obviously it wasn't their decision on what was spent in these areas and when it was spent.........anyway I would rather go into a situation like this aware of what could happen, I would hate to go in expecting that because I produced sales of $xx that I would be getting a particular amount, when it could be drastically different.