+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default Solids - how much each month (helpful chart?)

Has anyone got a useful chart on how much babies are supposed to eat once they start solids?

I've read a few different things online about how much but they seem to differ wildly (teaspoons versus tablespoons).

Is there a rule of thumb people have found useful? My only concern really is I don't want to accidentally wean, although we could probably stand to work towards dropping one of our six million breast feeds per day.

Is it all a redundant question because I've got buckleys of getting much into his mouth (as opposed to his clothes) anyway?

I'm going to do a mix of finger foods and soft stuff and I get the message re "food before one is for fun" etc but if he likes it - how much is too much?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I always just watched him to see if he was getting full or not, we did BLW so I always just put a variety of food on his tray and he ate as much or little as he wanted, I noticed around 9 months he started to eat more and you could tell he had enough when he started to just play with the food and not eat it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you're worried about supply then offer solids maybe an hour after a milk feed. Otherwise I've never measured volume, I do BLW too and take my cues from him.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I did BLW and ds would eat maybe 1-2 teaspoons a day at 9 months and by 12 months maybe 2 teaspoons a meal. By 16 months he was eating bowlfuls!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW;83 27692
    If you're worried about supply then offer solids maybe an hour after a milk feed. Otherwise I've never measured volume, I do BLW too and take my cues from him.
    Us too for 2 kids