+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I just have to suck it up, don't I?

Removing info for privacy JIC...
    Last edited by Full House; 03-11-2015 at 04:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Depends. How many kids are going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldnt. Id just say sorry but you have already set the numbers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh that sucks! It's a tough one.

It's going to be awkward to back out of this one. Unless I had a massive issue with the child, I'd probably just leave it and hope that for some reason they couldn't make it.

Did your child know that you explicitly didn't want to invite the bully child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Full House; 03-11-2015 at 04:39.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Gracie81  (02-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Did your son give the other kid all the details like time, duration etc? If not the mum will probably have you ask you at some time at which point you can say oh I'm sorry but there's limited numbers so unfortunately your son isn't invited.

Yes it will be very awkward but if you're actively discouraging the friendship that's not necessarily a bad thing. If the mum gets offended she might be less likely to then invite your child for play dates, birthdays etc which actually will suit you better no?

If your son gave all the details then I think you might have to suck it up as he'll turn up and you can't very well tell him to leave at that point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Degrassi, yes...my child knew not to invite this child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    It's one of those parties where this a minimum no. of kids to meet the requirements for a party for the destination. The original invite list all had to rsvp today, and we're two kids short...I had told my child that kids who we had to cut off the list (due to the cost of the party) could be invited if some others couldn't come. So this is invitation offer round two. This child was never on the original invite list.
    DH and I were talking, and DH thinks we might get away with it if we say he invited his brother's kids knowing we had extra spots, and he refuses to talk to his brother about it (so making out like DH is being difficult) and we can't afford to pay for extra kids. Thoughts?
    Yep, I would use your DH's excuse

I wouldn't invite the child

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't invite them.
    And I would never turn up to a party just from word of mouth, I need a paper/sms invite. So personally I don't think you need to worry about them turning up.

I would tell your child though that the kid can't be invited for numbers reasons. I wouldn't say it's because of xyz behaviour; you might have your child then go to school and tell the child they can't come "coz mum says you're mean" .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Your DH's excuse is a good one so I'd go with that Luv. Can always say you had no idea he'd invited them when your child made the offer.

I'd be telling the other childs Mum sooner rather than later as well just so it's all done & dusted😊