+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Christmas presents ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillah View Post
    Kindle loaded with new books?

Box set of an old series he used to watch?

An old restored photo of the family or farm and professionally framed?

Gift voucher to the local pub so he can have a night out?

Tickets to anything coming up?
    He's got a kindle but I have absolutely no idea what books he's read and he just borrows books.

Ah. I bought him a box set of a Tv show he loved and he it's still in the plastic wrapping 2 years later.

I have no old family photos 😞

Local pubs don't offer anything like that.

They live very rural so there's not many options for tickets to something he would like.

This man will be the death of me lol Dp and my father are horrible to buy for!
    Last edited by Hasselhoff; 17-11-2015 at 08:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    So rather than starting another thread.. You ladies are incredible with ideas. What can I get my father? The man is so hard to buy for. He loves reading but never buys books, he borrows from the library so no point in buying him books or similar. He doesn't get much down time. Rarely has a chance to sit down and relax. He does like a drink but I usually get stuck and buy him a bottle of bourbon or similar.. trying to avoid that this year. Lol.
    He is on a property so yeah not much time. I don't want to buy him clothing. He's not that kind of person. Or a cologne type of person. He's so hard lol
    Any help please?!

Also don't really have time to buy online. So I'm limited on stores I can buy from.
    My ideas for your Dad. A dart board? Or if he's a property type man and has/into guns, there's a fb page where someone makes .308 bullet pens. They are super cool. I can find the fb page if you want. They are $30 and he sends them out quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Life is Good View Post
    My ideas for your Dad. A dart board? Or if he's a property type man and has/into guns, there's a fb page where someone makes .308 bullet pens. They are super cool. I can find the fb page if you want. They are $30 and he sends them out quickly.
    In all honesty I've never seen him use a dart board or even talk about darts lol

Thy sounds quite cool! He's not like in love with guns. Has a few. But they Facebook page would be good to see! Thanks. He will be here end of next week and taking all the presents back with him for me. I'd love to see them though please 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Thy sounds quite cool! He's not like in love with guns. Has a few. But they Facebook page would be good to see! Thanks. He will be here end of next week and taking all the presents back with him for me. I'd love to see them though please
    Sorry it's taken a little while to get. Had to find the page

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8421253&type=3

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's ok! It didn't work 😔 can u inbox the page name and I'll search for it? 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    A nice belt - maybe rm williams (recycled suggestion from OP)
    Magazine subscription (on same theme - rm williams outback magazine
    Family photo of your family
    Calendar with photos of family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your dad sounds as easy to buy for as my old man. I usually stick with wine, or I make up a hamper full of his fave foods (and throw in a bottle of wine) or we take him and my step mother out for lunch and pay. That also includes wine 😂

Does he like puzzles? Maybe an electronic hand puzzle thing? I have no idea if such a thing even exists. Like a DS with a mind training game or something. Last year I got my dad a Mr Happy mug (an attempt at irony), shortbread (he loves the stuff) a couple of bottles of red and a shirt.

Which really covers all my ideas for this year. To top it off his birthday is 4 weeks after Xmas. Old men are difficult!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In that case I would go super left field for sh!ts and giggles!

Pizza maker?

Something gadgety like Apple TV?

Portable speaker that can be done through Bluetooth?

Electric Shaver?

Coffee Machine like Nespresso?

New wallet?

Hammock on its own frame?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone! These are great! Going to chat to dp when he gets home and I'll probably call my step mum and see what she reckons. He's just so damn hard to buy for! All I need is him and my step sister and I've got my side of the family done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    And if you are completely desperate, I would do a 'money tree'. Cute little potted tree decorated with scratchies.