Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    So, an update:

On the 3rd (Tuesday) we settled on Friday as their 'take pics' day. The agent confirmed Thursday night at 8pm that she would be there at 1pm.
    On Friday evening, again at 8pm, she said she had arranged an inspection for that Saturday at 3pm. WTF?
    I rang her, said she had no right to just arrange an inspection and spoke to her manager. She was cautioned and we were apologised to.
    Sat rolls around, we are out all day (so wouldn't have agreed to an inspection) and get home around 9pm. Things are out of place, cupboard doors re open... nothing missing that we know of, but we didn't go through all the boxes.
    The inspection had gone ahead.... I was livid.
    I rang the owner and gave them an earful, demanded they come over right that minute- he did. He called the agent, she came over with her manager.
    She was fired on the spot, and the owner is moving to another agency.
    Too little too late- H called the police and we are discussing trespassing with them.

Officially, we are still here until the 12th. Removalists are coming today, so we won't be able to go through boxes properly until the weekend. If anything is missing, so help her....

WTF is wrong with people?!
    Um wow! So glad you were stern with them that is not on at all

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

DT75  (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    😱 as an ex-PM, I'm appalled! That goes against all the rules. I'm glad she was fired. There's no excuse for that.

I had someone try to pull the same trick on me, gave me 3 days notice of an open house when we were moving. I said no as it was our actual moving day, it wasn't the required notice and was completely inconvenient. She said it was already advertised in the paper so it had to go ahead! I again said no, wasn't my problem and anyone who came would be refused entry. She pulled the advert.

She was also badgering me to let someone fix the carport the few days around our move. It hadn't been an issue while we were reporting the damage every 3 months for 2 years as they never fixed it, but suddenly it was super important to get done while we were trying to move boxes out and clean the Windows and house??? Yeah, no. That didn't happen either. And I made her do the final inspection first as I wasn't being told to come back and clean windows again because he'd made dust etc.

What some of them try to get away with is appalling. She knew I was a PM, but still thought she could just steam roll me! No way sista. I've had bad experiences with PM's before and I think that made me a better one as I would never even think to do that to my tenants!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

DT75  (10-11-2015),KitiK  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow! I can't believe the nerve of her @DT75!!!

Glad you stood your ground. Makes me wonder how many other people she's done this to in the past who never spoke up??

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

DT75  (10-11-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Some people are so clueless! I'm appalled at her behaviour! Good on you for standing your ground.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

DT75  (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm shocked she went ahead with the open house at the risk of losing her job!!!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

DT75  (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    When you say an inspection, do you mean she hosted an open house for prospective tenants?
    Yes, sorry I should have been clearer on that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    ������ as an ex-PM, I'm appalled! That goes against all the rules. I'm glad she was fired. There's no excuse for that.

I had someone try to pull the same trick on me, gave me 3 days notice of an open house when we were moving. I said no as it was our actual moving day, it wasn't the required notice and was completely inconvenient. She said it was already advertised in the paper so it had to go ahead! I again said no, wasn't my problem and anyone who came would be refused entry. She pulled the advert.

She was also badgering me to let someone fix the carport the few days around our move. It hadn't been an issue while we were reporting the damage every 3 months for 2 years as they never fixed it, but suddenly it was super important to get done while we were trying to move boxes out and clean the Windows and house??? Yeah, no. That didn't happen either. And I made her do the final inspection first as I wasn't being told to come back and clean windows again because he'd made dust etc.

What some of them try to get away with is appalling. She knew I was a PM, but still thought she could just steam roll me! No way sista. I've had bad experiences with PM's before and I think that made me a better one as I would never even think to do that to my tenants!
    Yeah the agency keeps calling us trying to arrange for things to be fixed, but each time I say "Sorry but as you know our end of lease clean is being done Wednesday and we move out officially Thursday. I cannot have tradies, etc in the house before our final inspection, so that we are covered if they make a mess." Or similar.
    They have been understanding about it. I get that they are itching to sort things out so they can lease it fast, but these problems have been there for over a year... I would be much more understanding if it was something recent.

Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    I'm shocked she went ahead with the open house at the risk of losing her job!!!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I think she is new to the career, as she seemed a bit clueless... but yes, surely tenant privacy is one of the first things taught?