+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Conceiving vitamins.

I've been on pre-natal vitamins since TTC as per my docs advice.

But it's been a year & nothing. While I'm going to be going to the doctors again to see what's going on I was wondering if there was any use in hubby trailing the male conceive vitamins? (Like this: http://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/b...Men-28-Tablets)

Has anyone used them & found them to be useful at all?

I know hubby should be checked but at this point he won't be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    well it can't hurt for hubby to go on the supplements. I was going to put my dh on menevit as we'd been trying on/off for about 6 or 7 months. it finally happened so I guess he didn't need the menevit.

I'd go get hubby checked first actually, it's much easier to rule out the guy as the issue first.

there's also a sperm counter test you can buy in pharmacies/Priceline (in the contraceptives/pregnancy test area). they're about $35. you basically get a sample and follow the instructions and it tells you whether hubby has a low count. does not tell you anything about motility or morphology but if he's got a low count, at least you can go to the doctor with some basic info and know which direction to head towards. I did one for my hubby, he was against it but went along in the end. his count was fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DH was on menevit which both the FS and Naturopath strongly recommended. He has low sperm counts. If ur husbands counts are fine then maybe just a cheaper multi with zinc. These supplements get $$ especially if u don't need them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We tried Menevit for my hubby too when his results came back low. We switched to Spermmax and got pregnant in the very next cycle. First two kids concieved on it

Thanks
    Reviews
    How long were you on the spermmax? Might have to try that. The nurse told me that the sperm they collect was created 3 months before collection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples1234 View Post
    My DH was on menevit which both the FS and Naturopath strongly recommended. He has low sperm counts. If ur husbands counts are fine then maybe just a cheaper multi with zinc. These supplements get $$ especially if u don't need them.
    I agree with this. If your DH has a healthy diet, looks after himself and has no low sperm counts then a normal multi with zinc is fine.

My suggestion - get DH tested at the same time. Tests for females are generally invasive. When I saw my FS he preferred that I start with bloods and my DH did a sperm analysis at the same time. If there were issues with me and not DH then we would move on. No point me having treatment if DH had issues as well.

Good luck with the dr appointment and your TTC journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How long were you on the spermmax? Might have to try that. The nurse told me that the sperm they collect was created 3 months before collection.
    He only took it for one month the first time and 3 months the second time I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBMummy82 View Post
    He only took it for one month the first time and 3 months the second time I think.
    Ooo! Ok I'm going to get it. Did you conceive naturally or through IVF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooo! Ok I'm going to get it. Did you conceive naturally or through IVF?
    We conceived naturally in the end. I have a history of recurrent miscarriage, 2 before conceiving my DD & 3 in a row while trying to conceive DS. DH's sperm count was low & I have PCO & blood clotting issues which we didn't find out about until trying to conceive #2 (after I had 3 miscarriages in a row they tested me). His count was better at his second testing. I am currently 31 weeks pregnant with #3 as well. Good luck with everything.