Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs 🌷

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No advice, sending lots of hugs and best wishes your way..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not sure what you live but if rural there great FB organisation breaking barriers for rural families. I'm not sure if u can use it for just in hosp. They have great food etc tooth paste etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    How are things going OP? It's all very scary and overwhelming in the beginning, hey. I remember feeling a bit like it wasn't really happening to us when DD was diagnosed. A bit of an 'out of body' experience I guess.

I was talking to the nurse who was walking us up to the ward from emergency last night and we got to talking about various cancers and he said the cure rate is excellent for leukaemia, over 95%. Likewise for the cancer my DD has, it's very curable and no longer the death sentence it once was. Doesn't make the treatment any nicer of course, it's still horrible to watch kids go through this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't have any advice or experience OP but my heart goes out to you and your family. Huge hugs.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    all my thoughts and prayers are with you and daughter. sending hugs and much love. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going OP?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

MissSparkles  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge hugs you guys. My niece just finished treatment for acute myeloid leukemia at lady cilento. She has battled two different types of cancer since she was 11, she's now 14.
    Every type of leukemia is treated differently depending on how advanced it is, the type, the child etc etc.
    The oncology team up there in level 11 are second to none. The facilities are great. It will, no doubt be a long and gut wrenching journey, but surround yourself with support via the other mums on the wards and the staff. Ask lots of questions. Let your family and your loved ones help you as much as they can. Do research via reputable sources (i.e. Not Google)
    There are so many great support groups and charities there to help onco families - reach out to them. It will be really tough but leukemia is not the death sentence it once was. The treatment sucks, massively, but the success rate is very high.
    It breaks my heart to hear of another family going down this road (in Brisbane too!) but you will adjust, and you will be ok, lean on everyone around you. Day of diagnosis is like you've stepped into another world, it doesn't seem real. Talk about it, reach out. Big hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope they are doing okay

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week