+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    No advice either Luv..just wanted to send you all huge hugs. Am sending prayers to the Universe for your little girl too.

Am keeping you all in my thoughts & hoping your DD makes a full recovery asap xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cousin was diagnosed at 3 yrs of age with one of the rarest forms of leukaemia. His oncologist has only had one or two cases of the sort throughout his time. I imagine you will go on to find out which type of leukaemia your DD has soon, if not already. I've heard most leukaemia's are very treatable these days.

For my cousin, his was so rare that they didn't have a standard protocol for his treatment, so they used a combination of chemos to treat him. He had a very rough 9 months in hospital with a few life saving surgeries, close to 20 blood transfusions... And the good news is, from being so sick, he is now 9 years old and in remission.

I'm hoping your DD has no where near the path ahead that my cousin had in front of him, but I wanted to let you know that there is always hope and good outcomes, even at times when it may not feel like it.

Sending you strength, and many many well wishes for your DD. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    Agree with the above. Also @Hollywood may be able to be of some support. Her DD is in the process of chemo and I'm sure can offer some insight into tips and tricks she has learnt along the way.

I would also ask to speak to a social worker. They can help you find subsidized accommodation near the hospital so the financial burden isn't as great. On the upside, south bank is only a short walk away so you can take her out for some fresh air and a play if you're allowed to escape the hospital environment. Friends of mine who have had their kids admitted there have only had positive stories. I hope for your and your DDs sake that it isn't a "bad" leukaemia and she doesn't get too sick from all the drugs.
    Hey OP, sorry to hear of your diagnosis. My DD doesn't have leukaemia, but was diagnosed with Burkitts Lymphoma in August. She has a tumour in her sphenoid sinus. Every situation is different so it's impossible to tell you exactly what to expect, but from what I've seen of leukaemia patients the treatment appears to be a very long one. Most seem to be in treatment for over two years, but it is not as intense as what my DD is having.

My DD's treatment will be about 6-8 months in total of very intense chemo (she's had 3 months of it so far - 4 chemo rounds and have spent nearly half of our nights in hospital since 3rd August). The treatment has made her far more sick than the tumour ever did. The side effects are horrible. She has 3 chemo rounds to go and should be done by about February.

The hospital will put you in touch with the support networks, they can be a great help.

Call Centrelink straight away so you can apply for the carer allowance and possibly carer payment. They back date the carer allowance 12 weeks but the carer payment is only dated back to the day you call.
    Last edited by Hollywood; 02-11-2015 at 11:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    lots of hugs for you and your DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    No advice, just wanted to let you know that you're all in my thoughts xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I couldn't read and run. I am so sorry this is happening. So much love to you and your family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love and thoughts with you and your little one. I hope treatment today was okay. xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thinking of you and your family and sending healing vibes to your DD xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Keeping you both in my thoughts and sending big hugs your way. xx