+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    Glad to see I'm not the only sometimes spoiled brat
    Me too! 😂

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

amcyus  (02-11-2015),GirlsRock  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi OP, I can completely understand where you are coming from. We LOVE our house, and where we live, but the front of our house is very steep and our kids cant play out the front ie: the grass is sloped and the driveway is very steep and flies straight out on to the road, so the kids cant play on a bike, scooter or anything out the front. We would love a house where we could play out in the front yard and driveway easily, and we are considering moving so we can achieve that. my children are 9, 7 and 3 and it I becoming really obvious that they cant play on the drive or on the front yard. For us, its a big deal, because it affects our lifestyle as we spend a lot of time at home and I would like the kids to be able to have a good play environment. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Hi OP, I can completely understand where you are coming from. We LOVE our house, and where we live, but the front of our house is very steep and our kids cant play out the front ie: the grass is sloped and the driveway is very steep and flies straight out on to the road, so the kids cant play on a bike, scooter or anything out the front. We would love a house where we could play out in the front yard and driveway easily, and we are considering moving so we can achieve that. my children are 9, 7 and 3 and it I becoming really obvious that they cant play on the drive or on the front yard. For us, its a big deal, because it affects our lifestyle as we spend a lot of time at home and I would like the kids to be able to have a good play environment. Good luck with your decision.
    Thanks so much. Its nice to know I am not alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I didn't think it sounded bratty. I feel that a safe outside play space for kids is pretty important.
    I feel bratty sometimes! When I consider how lucky we are to even have our own home. But it is important that the home you raise your children in is the right one. Just gotta be patient & give ourselves the time we need to get there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Similar position except that DH and I are both on the same page.

We live on a main road in a house that's far too small for us. Our front yard isn't safe and we have stairs to get into the house that I have to drag soon to be 4 very young children up and down everytime we want to come and go as well as all their stuff. We both would ideally prefer to move to a more suitable house in a better position.

BUT we love the suburb we live in, we can afford our repayments, and the kids are all happy sharing rooms at the moment, and the idea of uprooting everything to move to a bigger house in the same suburb that we'd struggle to afford doesn't sit well with either of us. It's really such a hard thing. I'm always on realestate dot com looking at houses, but we could never afford the houses that would be more suitable for us, so it feels silly to move at all. We could do up our house, but it feels silly to spend a fortune on a house we don't plan on living in forever and that probalby won't go up much in value with renovations due to it's location. Such a PITA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We are currently in a house far too small for us (2 bedrooms, 2 kids, 2 of us and a baby on the way).

It is in a quiet street, we know everyone who lives on the street. I still would never let the kids out on their bikes or scooters on the path.
    Our neighbours do, and it is a nightmare if you are walking on the path because they won't move out of the way. Foot paths are for walking on.

We are moving to a bigger house, busy street, do not know the neighbours. There is no footpath directly near our house. So they won't be going out there either.

BUT the kids being able to ride directly outside our door is just not a priority for us- there is a huge park near where we currently live that they can use. And there is a huge park near where we a re moving to that they can use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    have you moved yet? how's the painting going?