+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Noone here... never has been.

We only have stuff as it's H's birthday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two daughters already (21 weeks along with no.3) so they wanted to dress up, we have done it for about 4 years maybe, the kids love it so I am happy to take them around the neighbourhood. I was a bit disappointed in the lack of interest from people, I know it's an American tradition, but I do it purely for my girls. I don't dress up. It's a bit of fun. This was the first time in a new neighbourhood as we have just moved house.My two dressed up as a black cat and a vampire

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I organised a play date with a friend saying let's dress the kids up but the friends kids didn't really dress up, when we got home about 7 there were still kids walking around so I sat with the kids out the front and a bucket of lollipops giving them out until hubby got home when it was starting to get dark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    None here.

My DD went trick or treating for the first time ever, with a friend. They went in a little pocket of streets near their school. OMG, she got soooo many lollies. There were kids everywhere. Lots of houses decorated. DD said that every single house they stopped at gave them a treat.
    Funny how you get some areas go wild for Halloween, but not others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    None here. We live in a street filled with mainly retirees and Chinese students. Probably a good thing seeing as we have no lollies here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Anyone had trick or treaters visit?

Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    I have two daughters already (21 weeks along with no.3) so they wanted to dress up, we have done it for about 4 years maybe, the kids love it so I am happy to take them around the neighbourhood. I was a bit disappointed in the lack of interest from people, I know it's an American tradition, but I do it purely for my girls. I don't dress up. It's a bit of fun. This was the first time in a new neighbourhood as we have just moved house.My two dressed up as a black cat and a vampire
    oh very cute!!

I agree with you re lack of interest. I get its an American tradition too but you'd think people could buy like one or two bags of those pre wrapped mini chocs to give out should a kid come to the door!!

I wouldn't dress up myself or really have any inclination to attend or host Halloween parties but it's nice to get into the spirit of it for kids!

sadly the spring racing carnival seems to get more people's attention than Halloween (well for those in Melbourne anyway!!).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Marchbundle  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well we still ended up having only the one group of kids turn up!

I have loads of leftover treats. Next time I'll put something on the mailbox to show we're Halloween friendly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We only had one. We just told them we dont celebrate halloween. I think in our area, people who do celebrate halloween tend to put up decorations so kids usually stick to those houses to ask for lollies. I dont keep junk food in the house anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Not sure if we had any(havent in previous years) as we went to a party. The party never got any either surprisingly as you could tell there was a party going on plus with lots of kids all dressed up out the front

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Halloween but live in a gated townhouse complex with no young kids - mostly babies if any.
    I always buy lollies just incase, and out a sign at the front but our street doesn't really seem to get into it.

So last night I heard our neighbours kids playing out the front (the house next to our complex) and so thought screw it I'll take Halloween to them! I popped on my witches hat and crept out the front (their parents were with them, it was two neighbours having a BBQ) and they loved it! So they scored as many of my lollies as their mums said was ok and were very polite and now I know two lovely ladies & their kids that live in my street. I was invited in for a drink but politely declined as I had my DS at home and it was literally witching hour - DH was doing the bath routine haha

Anyway it was great, and I find it a bit of extra fun for kids (and us big kids too).

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (01-11-2015),DT75  (02-11-2015),HearMeRoar  (01-11-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (01-11-2015),turquoisecoast  (01-11-2015)