+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Anyone had trick or treaters visit?

So far we've had just one knock on the door with about 10 youngsters (I would say all under 10 years old).

They just stood at the front door and didn't say 'trick or treat', or anything actually. I don't think any of them said thank you when I handed them chocolates!

We have plenty more treats on hand as we usually get a few groups. Quiet times so far!

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No one here. I doubt I'll get anyone. The last time I got trick or treaters I told them they'd have to do better than some vampire teeth to get my chocolate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had about 4 groups of 5-6 kids each. I'm pleasantly surprised at the effort of costumes and manners so far. I guess the younger ones come earlier and the teenagers after dark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    nobody here either! I've put a little pumpkin bucket out the front to show we are a Halloween friendly home but there's no sign of any kids on the street even. oh well, more chocky treats for me I guess 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    None here so far. We have a sign up saying that we don't wish to participate this year because our little ones are already in bed.

I'm expecting to be egged tonight. Our neighbours were all egged last year for refusing to participate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just saw a big group of young boys walk straight past our house!

If only they knew how much loot I'm sitting on! We aren't displaying any Halloween stuff so maybe they're giving us a miss for that reason.

It's a bit rainy out there, so it's probably not going to be a busy one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    None here and none even in the street. We don't have any treats this year as last year we had lots and no trick or treaters so I didn't even bother. If we do get any they'll be getting fruit!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
    None here so far. We have a sign up saying that we don't wish to participate this year because our little ones are already in bed.

I'm expecting to be egged tonight. Our neighbours were all egged last year for refusing to participate.
    That's terrible

The first year we lived in this house some boys told us they'd silly stringed the lady next door because they didn't get any treats out of her (she's the most adorable elderly widow)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive had two lots and i didnt answer the door as i have nothing for them and the whole thing just annoys me.

Thankfully my car is in the garage so it looks like nobody is home.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joeee For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had one group of 4. Not a single one of them in any form of costume! They just said trick or treat. Surely if I'm parting with my much loved chocolates they should at least bother to dress up!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (31-10-2015),Mod-Degrassi  (31-10-2015),TheGooch  (31-10-2015)