+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Noooo!!! I noticed it was hard to find lately. DH lucked out and found 2 at our local CW. Both our Coles were sold out.

I'm going to be buying all I can find next week. Running out would be horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another tip is to try smaller chain pharmacies like Chemist King and PharmaJoe. You might have to pay more though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If anyone is in Brisbane looking for this formula, there is a shop in the Kmart Sunnybank Hills Shopping Centre. It's on the level above Aldi. It's $28 a tin. I hope this helps someone

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's available on their website again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumoftwoboys2005 View Post
    If anyone is in Brisbane looking for this formula, there is a shop in the Kmart Sunnybank Hills Shopping Centre. It's on the level above Aldi. It's $28 a tin. I hope this helps someone
    There's one in the shopping centre across the road too near Big W.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    I know! And it's been going on for years as well.

Hong Kong has customs limits of only 2 tins being allowed out of the country because of so many issues with it being taken back to mainland China.

Prescription (one that could be written by a doctor, child health nurse or midwife) is something that could restrict it those that genuinely need it but of course would have its own problems/issues etc.
    What annoys me is Fonterra (NZ dairy company) supplies Nutricia with the milk solids powder. They have built massive dairy farms in China that are doing absolutely NOTHING when Nutricia could open a plant over there and have extra business without anyone being affected.

I gave dd cows milk today and now she has awful diarrhoea and it's burning her little bottom even if I change her immediately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The problem is though that the Chinese have no trust in what's being sold in Chinese stores. Even if it's an identical product they'll still go for the imported grey market formula that friends/family have brought back from a safe country.
    Very true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    While it is a bit annoying to have it be a bit hard to find, I have no issue with anyone buying it and sending it back to family. I totally understand them wanting to feed their babies safely after what happened. They are buying it at the same price as us and they are supporting an Australian company. I think bellamys might just need to increase their supply.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashfirst For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (02-11-2015),MissSparkles  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know! And it's been going on for years as well.

Hong Kong has customs limits of only 2 tins being allowed out of the country because of so many issues with it being taken back to mainland China.

Prescription (one that could be written by a doctor, child health nurse or midwife) is something that could restrict it those that genuinely need it but of course would have its own problems/issues etc.
    Prescription or somehow linked to a medicare card with strict limits on the number of tins that can be purchased per month. While I feel for the babies in China I don't like the thought of Australian babies starving because so much of our formula is going straight to China.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, every baby needs to be fed. I have no problem with people sending it back to family but the pop up stores selling it at a premium price are the ones causing the problem. One of the ones in Sunnybank Hills actually has Chinese labelled tins so one could assume they buy it there, send it here and then sell it and send it back....?