Closed Thread
Page 9 of 103 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Sue77 That's very strange about Dr L Luv??? Did you ask him why he had seemingly changed his mind with the way he was going to approach your Cycle from the first appointment?? Why he changed his mind??

Good luck with your appointment with Wazza on Monday!!! Are you staying fairly central in the City somewhere?? If so, go to Southbank and have a look around etc Get on a CityCat Ferry and have a ride up and down the Brisbane river too

You can catch a train down to the Gold Coast...not sure if you'll have a car?? If so, drive either up to the Sunshine Coast or down to the Gold Coast for a day trip. Of course go for a walk in the Queen St Mall as well What sort of things do you and your DH like to do??

@Summer @JulieMalooley @winsor and all other Brisbane/Qld Ladies..feel free to add your suggestions too

I really hope Wazza will be able to help you both in some way Luv. Will be looking out for your update after you've seen him when you're able Good luck!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (01-11-2015),Summer  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples1234 View Post
    Hi! Yep that's the one he put me on. I appreciate the link. Does anyone on here do the auto immune protocol diet?
    What's that???

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @BlondeinBrisvegas Thanks so much for writing all that out for me. I just read it to my husband and we feel it is the issue. No one has diagnosed why I'm getting speckled results. I went to a rhumetologist and he said I had "unspecified back pain" (back pain is what got me blood tested in the first place). I'm not sure who to see or what to do and my first FS a city fertility didn't put me on anything for the speckled results. I wish I knew what it was.

You said the steroids were only part of the auto immune protocol. What else is there? I don't want to be blind anymore about what I should be on!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-10-2015),Blossom74  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    @JulieMalooley, I had bleeding last night for about 4 hours. Started out fresh but quickly went dark then brown. No BD for me (I was at work) but I reckon it was probably breakthrough bleeding. It's difficult to work out when AF was due after all the fertility drugs but my right ovary was paining so I figure the endometrioma there was bleeding too. I have only had a bit of brown blood coming out with the crinone (yuk) today and I feel as crook as I did yesterday so I think everything is ok. Will see the gp on Monday for his take but feeling more optimistic about it than I did when I first saw the blood. Meltdown city. Anyway since we are so close in our due date maybe your bleeding is breakthrough too. Fx for both of us.
    Bloody Hell Luv!!! How frightening for you Yes, it could very well be breakthrough bleeding too or maybe an SCH?? (Subchrionic Haematoma). As long as it's nothing serious and your bubs are safe that's all that matters

Glad to hear things haven't gotten any worse. You stay off your feet too as much as possible until after you've seen the GP on Monday ok?? Don't be hesitant about going up to the hospital either if things turn pear shaped again...same advice for you too!!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (01-11-2015),Summer  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The paleo auto immune protocol diet is taking out inflammatory foods from your diet. So many people attest to this healing their disease and being pain free. http://www.thepaleomom.com/autoimmun...mmune-protocol

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @Sue77 That's very strange about Dr L Luv??? Did you ask him why he had seemingly changed his mind with the way he was going to approach your Cycle from the first appointment?? Why he changed his mind??

Good luck with your appointment with Wazza on Monday!!! Are you staying fairly central in the City somewhere?? If so, go to Southbank and have a look around etc Get on a CityCat Ferry and have a ride up and down the Brisbane river too

You can catch a train down to the Gold Coast...not sure if you'll have a car?? If so, drive either up to the Sunshine Coast or down to the Gold Coast for a day trip. Of course go for a walk in the Queen St Mall as well What sort of things do you and your DH like to do??

@Summer @JulieMalooley @winsor and all other Brisbane/Qld Ladies..feel free to add your suggestions too

I really hope Wazza will be able to help you both in some way Luv. Will be looking out for your update after you've seen him when you're able Good luck!!!

Thanks Blondeinbrisvegas.... Yes I did ring his rooms and told them I wanted to speak to him. He called me back and I asked that we had discussed many things during our appt and u wanted to try many new things which even LB hadn't tried on me like growth hormones etc to improve my embryo quality...He said oh ..yes may be I forgot , don't worry, I will add it to your protocol now.. I mean I found that quite strange.. What do u mean I just forgot.. If I had not double checked..all my money would have gone waste..... I was a bit relieved after his appt that he doesn't rush like LB etc and wanted to stick with him, but my gut feeling didn't let me.... Don't know if I have done the right thing by sticking to LB for another stimulated cycle .....

About Brisbane, we are saying in the city, thanks for your ideas..will def try some of them DH wants to see the Aus Outback spectacular.. May be we will do a day drip to Gold Coast then, but we won't be doing the theme parks etc as we have done them all ..

Wazza appt is on Tuesday.. Any specific questions u reckon I should ask him or he will ask us?... I don't know where this journey is leading us...
    Last edited by Sue77; 31-10-2015 at 22:30.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @JulieMalooley Firstly huge hugs. After a history of miscarriages I can understand where your heads at. Please go to the hospital for a scan hun. Hopefully you've just irritated your cervical cells when you were amorous today. How's DP responded?
    @Summer I used to live in a country where Hallowe'en was huge. Every single year I ended up in tears and ate more treats than I gave away. It was a bigger trigger than Xmas I think. Mothers Day was the other super crappy day. Hopefully this will be your last Hallowe'en without a little poppet.
    Thanks for your supportive messages re my non-existent flights. I'm at Perth airport now & just spoke with the airline. They weren't even apologetic. I'll never fly with them again that's for sure. Now for the super long 5 hr stop over.
    Last edited by Tahli; 31-10-2015 at 22:25.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-10-2015),Blossom74  (01-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (01-11-2015),Summer  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples1234 View Post
    @BlondeinBrisvegas Thanks so much for writing all that out for me. I just read it to my husband and we feel it is the issue. No one has diagnosed why I'm getting speckled results. I went to a rhumetologist and he said I had "unspecified back pain" (back pain is what got me blood tested in the first place). I'm not sure who to see or what to do and my first FS a city fertility didn't put me on anything for the speckled results. I wish I knew what it was.

You said the steroids were only part of the auto immune protocol. What else is there? I don't want to be blind anymore about what I should be on!
    For what they call a "basic immune protocol" it's usually baby aspirin, Clexane injections and steroids. It depends on what the issues are. There is a very good Reproductive Immunologist called Dr Gamal Matthias up in Sydney that most of the Girls with immune issues go and see or have a phone consult with him.

Some of the Lovelies on this thread and almost all of them on the NK Cells have consulted with him in one way or another. Immune Issues are controversial in the IVF world as some FS believe in them and others don't. If they don't then they usually won't bother to test you for them or treat them either which can be an issue if you've got them!!

Another FS in Melbourne who does believe in them is Dr Nick Lolatgis. Again, a lot of the Girls on the NK Thread and some here have seen him or are with him. I read on the other thread you're in SA? I don't know of anyone down your way to see??? Perhaps one of the other Lovelies here on the other threads will know.

I don't have any known immune issues myself, but have learnt a lot from the Girls here on BH who do and have done a lot of research into it when I was Cycling just in case it was a problem so my knowledge is pretty limited in comparison with the Girls who actually do have issues.

Are you looking to do a fresh transfer this time or an FET down the track?? If you had time, I'd be going to Dr M for a ph consult as he organises everything from his end (sends you BT forms in the mail,scripts etc) and you get your FS where you are to implement whatever protocol he decides for you

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (01-11-2015),calypso75  (01-11-2015),Summer  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @JulieMalooley Firstly huge hugs. After a history of miscarriages I can understand where your heads at. Please go to the hospital for a scan hun. Hopefully you've just irritated your cervical cells when you were amorous today. How's DP responded?
    @Summer I used to live in a country where Hallowe'en was huge. Every single year I ended up in tears and ate more treats than I gave away. It was a bigger trigger than Xmas I think. Mothers Day was the other super crappy day. Hopefully this will be your last Hallowe'en without a little poppet.
    Thanks for your supportive messages re my non-existent flights. I'm at Perth airport now & just spoke with the airline. They weren't even apologetic. I'll never fly with them again that's for sure. Now for the super long 5 hr stop over.
    Fruckers!!! Deal with those w*nkers when you get home Luv!!!

From here on in, you're in "BFFP Mode" Have a safe and swift trip!!!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (01-11-2015),Summer  (01-11-2015),Tahli  (31-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbes View Post
    @Green lady congrats on making it through fertilisation, yay! I admire you being able to ignore the day 3 results and not speak to the scientists. Whatever zen you are practicing I want some <picturing @Green lady levitating above yoga mat>
    no zen just remember the horrible rollercoaster from last cycle!@Corbes

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (01-11-2015),Corbes  (01-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (01-11-2015)