+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anxious until first scan

12 days til my dating scan and I'm really anxious as my morning/ all day sickness isn't as bad as it was with DS. Silly, but until I see a little fellow on a scan, I'm freaking out a bit. I've had a couple of friends miscarry and I'm scared even though I know I can't control what's happening. I try to stay busy and distracted (toddler helps!)- any other suggestions for getting through til the scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have any advice as I am in the same boat, 8 days till my scan. I had a missed mc back in May so I am very anxious to get this scan done.

Like you trying to stay busy and distracted, so far so good but I am sure the next week will feel like years!!!

Sending you good vibes and hopefully the time passes quickly for both of us 😊

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lauzie For This Useful Post:

chickenandegg  (30-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Hugs xx a nerve racking time.

Not much you can do but distract yourself and (try) to stay positive.

I remember waiting for my first scans. I miscarried my first pregnancy after IVF at around 8 weeks, so was very anxious making my way to that first scan and beyond.

Good luck x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

chickenandegg  (30-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how u feel. I have my first scan in 4 days and I'm so nervous. I'll be only 6w4 and I have absolutely no symptoms at all. Zilch, it's freaking me out bad. I'm such a nervous wreck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Milz you will get to see your little one yaaaay!!! So soon
    I wonder though about these super early scans. My GP and the ultrasound place both said not to go before 7 weeks because of the risk of not seeing a heartbeat or other details and getting freaked out but only because it's too early for the equipment to pick it up, not because there is any problem with baby. Does anyone have any more info on this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS I was crazy nauseous and sick this morning so I'm feeling reassured 😂🎉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenandegg View Post
    Milz you will get to see your little one yaaaay!!! So soon
    I wonder though about these super early scans. My GP and the ultrasound place both said not to go before 7 weeks because of the risk of not seeing a heartbeat or other details and getting freaked out but only because it's too early for the equipment to pick it up, not because there is any problem with baby. Does anyone have any more info on this?
    In my case I had to go early due to my long/unpredictable cycles. First preg we had to go in immediately as I was anywhere between 4-12 weeks (I was just over 5 I think) and this pregnancy I was not quite 5 weeks (I was going to be between 4-10 weeks).

I went into it just to see how 'far' my pregnancy was. In this pregnancy they suggested a followup scan in week or 2 after - I waited for my ob appointment at about 8 weeks.

After that looong explanation I agree that if cycles are known as hard as it is to wait a scan after 7 weeks would be better. But I would think at your gestation you should see something. Good luck. And seeing the little bubs is amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @chickenandegg, thanks. I'm so nervous, I have also read that anything before 7 weeks having a scan is too early as it may not be able to detect anything, but I'm only having the scan this early bc I have a blocked tube so they need to rule out ectopic. I'm fairly confident it's not ectopic bc I have no pains but here's hoping I am right.

Lucky for u that u got Ms. I'm still waiting and hoping for it to strike bc I feel so normal it's freaking me out.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Scan was good!

Went today; dates look right, size and heartbeat good. Relief!!
    @lauzie, @Milz00 how did you go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @chickenandegg, glad to hear, what did u measure and the heartbeat?

Mine went good, luckily it's not ectopic, measured perfect at 6w3days, just a day behind from what I though. Heartbeat was 140per minute.

Next scan is next week at 8w!