+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2yo just stopped walking!

My 2yo has been walking and running around fine up until last Sunday.
    I thought she sprained her ankle, but there is no swelling and minimal bruising, hardly any.
    Her GP has sent her for x-rays and ultrasounds, looking for either toddler fractures in her shin or a foreign body on the sole of her foot. Nothing has come up in those tests. We also had an ultrasound on her hip and there was no fluid there.

I'm really starting to feel sick with worry now, i know i'm probably over reacting... Has anyone's toddler done SOMETHING to their foot and refused to walk? She won't even put weight on it without crying. We're getting a referral to a paed tomorrow, which we probably won't get to see until sometime next week.
    I just feel down and scared. I don't know whats wrong or how to fix it

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS1 has done this twice, had his whole leg and foot X-rayed and nothing. Both times he has started walking again normally within a week. Hope this happens for you too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

alexis243  (29-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    My DS1 has done this twice, had his whole leg and foot X-rayed and nothing. Both times he has started walking again normally within a week. Hope this happens for you too.
    Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to add, I ended up taking him to the hospital Emergency department the first time, after the GP X-rayed and there was nothing to see, on the GP's advice (they just told me to wait and see, and come back in a week if he was still limping). Might be an option if things aren't improving and you're still worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to my DS at about 20months. Nothing was found but he did get back on his feet 3 eventually just took a few weeks. Strangest thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son landed awkwardly off of a slide and didn't walk for a week. He was 2. No sign of any bruising, swelling etc. If I hadn't seen the landing then I would have had no idea why he wasn't walking anymore. He just crawled for a week and then was back to normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    An update on my daughter..
    Her GP referred us to the local public hospital yesterday afternoon just to be sure. They checked bloods and done extra X-rays.

We were then sent down to Bris to Lady Cilento and had bloods redone tonight.
    An oncologist then came and spoke to us as they are highly suspicious that DD has leukaemia.
    We will know more tomorrow, but doctors are preparing to proceed with treatment on Monday. I don't think we will be back up home anytime soon 😔 I pray my little ratbag can get through this! I'm heartbroken.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this news! Big hugs and lots of strength to you, your DD and your family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness that's awful! I'm so sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you need a friend / a meal/ some washing down etc while you're in Brisbane let me know. I'm so sorry x