+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Riding out work when you're over it...

I am 22 weeks pregnant and totally hate my job. Won't go into detail but I've been hanging out to get pregnant rather than leave & find a new job, so I've been over it for some time.

That said I'm not planning on resigning, I'm taking 12 months maternity leave (unpaid) and keeping the option open for me to return if I need - so not about to burn any bridges, so to speak.

My question is, for those of you that gave felt similarly (and I know there are a few of you! Over work whilst pregnant anyone?!), how did you get through? How do you stop that horrid wave of complete lack of motivation that hits you everyday and makes you dread going into the office?

I'm trying to improve my attitude. I really am. The pay check is the only thing keeping me here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just had more important things to worry about and work was no longer a priority. I go to work, do my job and go home. I struggle not going above and beyond because I really do care about my patients and colleagues but I stopped doing favours for management when they shafted me when I asked for a safe working environment. The paycheck and Mat leave is the only reason I stay. I don't think I'll be going back after this baby (#2).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (29-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can you schedule a holiday before you go on mat leave? Even just a long weekend will give you something to focus on/look forward to.
    As pp said just start to say no to things that aren't essential. For me it was doing extra shifts & coming in early or staying late.
    Use your sick leave to have a doona day.
    I also booked a pamper day for my first week of mat leave, so I had something lovely to look forward to!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (29-10-2015),sunnygirl79  (29-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    Can you schedule a holiday before you go on mat leave? Even just a long weekend will give you something to focus on/look forward to.
    As pp said just start to say no to things that aren't essential. For me it was doing extra shifts & coming in early or staying late.
    Use your sick leave to have a doona day.
    I also booked a pamper day for my first week of mat leave, so I had something lovely to look forward to!
    Thanks - we have a 3 night holiday booked for end November so that will be nice. And I have requested a little time off between xmas and new year so hopefully that gets approved. Definitely going to cash in some sick leave, but don't have a lot saved so going to save it for when I really need it...

I think I will be fine once I start 'handing over' jobs. Right now it feels just wrong to be starting new projects I won't ultimately be involved in. They haven't even advertised for my position yet which leaves me worried with xmas approaching.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Before going on mat leave with my DS I made a count down calendar...It was a cpuntdown of working days left, so deducted all weekends, public holidays, annual leave, etc. It made it more bearable top see that I only had say 30 working days, as oppsed to 2 months or whatever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Thanks - we have a 3 night holiday booked for end November so that will be nice. And I have requested a little time off between xmas and new year so hopefully that gets approved. Definitely going to cash in some sick leave, but don't have a lot saved so going to save it for when I really need it...

I think I will be fine once I start 'handing over' jobs. Right now it feels just wrong to be starting new projects I won't ultimately be involved in. They haven't even advertised for my position yet which leaves me worried with xmas approaching.
    You also need to stop stressing about how they will get on without you! I got so stressed thinking cr&ap if I come back to work here I'm going to have to fix a big ol mess. Turns out they were fine & I didn't go back so I had to just let go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    You also need to stop stressing about how they will get on without you! I got so stressed thinking cr&ap if I come back to work here I'm going to have to fix a big ol mess. Turns out they were fine & I didn't go back so I had to just let go.
    Thanks yes I should do. There is a lot of stuff that only I do so that's probably playing on my mind. Just biting my tongue and trying not to get too involved in anything. As much as possible anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    no advice but feeling your pain do you have my full sympathy lol.

I don't despise my job but I'm just finding myself getting increasingly over it and it's just physically not appealing to just sit there like an overinflated balloon working for 9 hours.

I'm pretty much the same, it's only really the pay check keeping me there (although I'm like that with mist jobs lol). I'd also like to keep my options open so won't be resigning come end of January but I real question how practical it will be to return there, it's a bit of a drive from home etc.

at this stage I have no idea and am undecided. but by golly, bring on January. I'm so over it atm and am also hanging out for mat leave so I can escape work 😂

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (30-10-2015),sunnygirl79  (30-10-2015)