+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What's something you've done this year that you are proud of?

Really focussed on my health (mental and physical) with some positive results

Who is the strongest positive influence in your life?

Hard to choose between DH and my mum. DH - soul mate and best person I've ever known, mum - person I most want to emulate

Which Wiggles incarnation is your favourite?

Ummmm, so not a wiggles fan . My kids were never into them. They creep me out a bit if I'm honest😱

What is something not many people know about you?

I'm introverted. I come across very confident, like public speaking, was a champion debater, am a teacher (with a loud voice 😆), speak up about what matters to me, have always performed (singing and dancing) but I'm actually introverted. It surprises people.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

harvs  (30-10-2015),misskittyfantastico  (29-10-2015),Mokeybear  (29-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Not one thing

I can't think of anyone in my life who has a positive influence on me other than my children who regularly make me strive to be a better parent, which is a positive thing. They also sometimes bring out the worst in me too though unfortunately.

The current one

Not many bubhub folks would know that before children I was a horse rider (and qualified instructor) and a 1st Kyu Brown belt in karate (on the qld tournament team) and competed regularly in both. Haven't done any karate and minimal riding since having kids even though those 2 things were my entire life and identity pre-children.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

- I have stepped up at work (not deliberately, just doing what needs to be done) to the point where hospital managers have told me that I need to apply for the next promotion that comes my way and offer to be a referee. Not trying to brag by any means, but I've had 2 hospital managers email my boss AND the director of the hospital email one of the other managers about me. I've always been someone who flies under the radar because of my quiet, unassuming personality that it's nice to get recognized.

- I could say my DH, family, friends etc but I think I would actually have to say some of the women I care for. Some of them have overcome some major obstacles to get where they are and they're honest about how hard it has been. But seeing them with their beautiful babies makes me grateful for the choices we have these days and the hope and knowledge that one day it WILL be me with my beautiful baby. It is so easy to get sucked into the negative vortex that is TTC and infertility. These women help me see the light through all the darkness day after day.

- I would say early original wiggles. When they weren't in their 50s and 60s...

- I can actually sing quite well. I love singing in choirs and would totally love to join one again, it's just finding one that isn't too heavy on the traditional/religious choral pieces. I like the more contemporary stuff!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    ...so come and keep me company!

Here are 4 random questions to ponder...

1. finished 2 diplomas at the same time plus 180 hours of placement
    2. dont really have anyone
    3. Jeff... back in the 90's
    4.in 2002 I had an IVF cycle and transferred 3 embryos... miscarried them 1 day shy of the pregnancy test

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I faced my fear and went looking for my Dad, and although it didn't turn out how I expected it to, I am still really proud of myself for pushing through the fear.

My dh. He has always been my biggest supporter.

Dorothy the Dinosaur.

How scared I am of failure.

Last edited by onionskin; 29-10-2015 at 09:56.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onionskin For This Useful Post:

harvs  (30-10-2015),misskittyfantastico  (29-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's something you've done this year that you are proud of? Stuck to my guns until I found a job that was right for me, despite pressure to apply for anything and everything because 'a job is a job'. I'm learning all sorts of new things and being challenged in new ways & I'm hugely proud of that!

Who is the strongest positive influence in your life? My partner, absolutely. He's the strongest, most positive person I know ❤️

Which Wiggles incarnation is your favourite? #teamsam all the way baby!

What is something not many people know about you? I love Disney Channel 😳

12. The Following User Says Thank You to amcyus For This Useful Post:

harvs  (30-10-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoralicious View Post
    You love doing your tax???!!! I feel like that's a whole other thread!!
    I actually submitted 2012 and 2013 this year as well *guilty face*
    I am speechless.

Naughty.

I love tax - it's free money time!!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi harvs.
    first thing im proud about, I have lost 10 kgs, through exercise and proper eating. I have always been most influenced by my mum, and also my grandmother.
    wiggles, Not much interest in them. my children were too old when they were at their peak, and so I only see Emma or whatever short bit is on abc4kkids, if im babysitting granddaughters.
    I don't know what I could share?? I wish I was retired, 26 years in business, and we are still so far from any thoughts of retirement. I feel a bit annoyed about that. marie