+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! I'm ok with it. I know these things can happen and there was nothing that I could do to stop it. I do have a thyroid issue that may of contributed to it but I'll never know for sure.

Have they offered you misoprostol? They are tablets you can take that bring on the miscarriage. I'm considering taking those instead of d and c

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry to hear that. I had a blighted ovum about 3 years ago. It miscarried on it's own, and yes I had quite a bit of bleeding and it was painful. Hugs for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What an update! That must have taken you for a spin!

I can imagine how confusing things must be now and it must be tough to just wait it out.

Fingers crossed Friday brings some resolution and hopefully a positive one.

Hugs OP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortonio89 View Post
    So sorry to hear two souls! I hope it's a good outcome for you and that you have lots of support! I'm always here if you need to chat
    Hi Mortonio89 how did you get on with your scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry! I completely forgot to update. The next day after I posted I ended up haemorrhaging and was admitted to hospital, I lost just under 1L of blood and they kept me in for two days under observation. They did an internal the mornings after I was admitted to see how it was all going and my god I was in agony! It took the dr about 45 mins to find my cervix because I couldn't lie properly due to the pain so it was a pretty horrendous experience. But I feel the slightest bit more prepared for labour in that I learnt to breathe through it and it helped a lot. Who knows if I'll remember that when I'm in labour though haha. They decided to leave my body and let it pass everything on its own without a d&c because the bleeding slowed and my pain stopped. So it's all over and done with now and the dr recommended I wait three months until we try again. I'll be going back to the dr next week though for a checkup and I'm going to ask her about bleeding. I spotted for the week before hand and have now been bleeding since the actual miscarriage 2.5 weeks ago. I know I'll bleed for a while but this is getting to be a joke. It's not insanely heavy or anything it's just heavy enough that I have to wear a pad so it's starting to irritate my skin a little. How did you go two souls?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow the sounds like an awful experiences sorry you had to go through that. Yes maybe it will prepare you for labour! It sounds a lot like the pain that it is!

Well I had the RU486 on the Thursday then the misoprostol the Saturday. I was prepared for a massacre but it was nothing. I had a few light pains and not much bleeding. Went to the toilet and passed one clot then just bleeding but lighter than a period. I had a scan today and the sac is gone but my lining is still quite thick so they said it will come away with my next period.

At this stage the process hasn't been to bad but I hope I never have to do it again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your support. I'm glad you had a slightly easier time. Still a sucky situation though :/ I worked out about 10 minutes why I've still been bleeding. I passed the pregnancy tissue literally just then :S hoping that it'll all settle down now