+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF after cone biopsy

Hi all.

im just wondering if anyone has had successful IVF after a cone biopsy? I have recently had two biopsies and can't think about pregnancy until March. We need IVF but I'm just after a bit of hope and success stories

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I had 90%+ of my cervix removed (I had a trachelectomy). We are on our 2nd IVF cycle, and Dr's have been nothing but positive about our chances. I have two friends that have had cone biopsies and successful pregnancies. Friend 1 had 1 cone biopsy and zero problems carrying to term. Friend 2 had I think 3 seperate cone biopsies and an incompetent cervix as a result, that did lead to multiple miscarriages before her son was born.
    You can get a cerclage placed either before or during a pregnancy. There are pros and cons for both, def chat to your obstetrician about your options there. Are we allowed to mention other forums on here? I have been on a couple that had a fair amount of success stories - enough to give me hope anyway.

Best of of luck to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much, what are the other forums? Could you PM me please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Couldn't see a way to PM you. Added you as a friend, hoping some magical PM option shows itself then :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Zobear,

Yes I had a successful pregnancy after cone biopsy and Lletz procedure. We were aware that I may have an incompetent cervix but my Ob kept a very close eye on me. My cervix did start to shorten at about 25 weeks but at that stage it is too late for a stitch (my Ob won't stitch after 24 weeks). I ended up being put on bed rest at home, cervical length checked regularly, medication to help avoid preterm labour and steroid injections just in case labour started and couldn't be stopped. I was allowed off bed rest at 34 weeks & my Ob expected me to deliver anytime. My DD was a little stubborn though and I was induced at 38 w 3 days.

It is possible to carry to term and I hope you experience that yourself once you start on the IVF rollercoaster again

Luandlil - you are unable to send or receive PM's until you have made at least 5 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't had IVF but I have had multiple pregnancies after having a cone biopsy. Just be sure your cervical length is monitored regularly and discuss the pro/cons of putting in a stitch earlier rather than later. I've had 2 vaginal stitches and now I have a trans abdominal cerclage (permanent stitch put in by laparoscopic surgery) to avoid pre term labour. All the best!