+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone wear orthotics?

What shoes do you wear them in?

I just got mine a week ago, and already they are making a difference to my pain. I wear them in my work shoes. But other than that, they don't fit in any of my other shoes, and I am finding that my feet get really sore again when I don't wear them.

I'm wanting to know what kind of casual shoes they fit in? I don't wear joggers, unless at the gym. In summer I live in Havaianas (which the podiatrist told me not to wear!). Other than that I wear ballet flats. Am I dreaming to think I could fit orthotics in ballet flats?

What else could they fit in that doesn't look hideous?

Also what about when you're pottering around at home?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you had a look at the Frankie4 shoes? I love some of their flats and they should be able to fit orthotics. They are not cheap though

https://frankie4.com.au/shop/flats/s...tallic-leather

If you go to the shops that "look" after your feet they should have something that looks okay and will fit your orthotic.

I have plantar faciitis and orthotics made my foot worse in the end of I have this F6 sock thing I wear instead. I also got some Birkenstocks black with little white flowers on and they have made a huge difference.

I hope you find something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sometimes you have to pull the insole out of the shoes you are looking at and then put your orthotic in.
    One thing my mum does. ...she's has plantar faciitis... is wears Birkenstocks/naot etc. She finds she can wear those pain free without her orthotic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Sometimes you have to pull the insole out of the shoes you are looking at and then put your orthotic in.
    One thing my mum does. ...she's has plantar faciitis... is wears Birkenstocks/naot etc. She finds she can wear those pain free without her orthotic.
    Exactly right! Me too!

You need to wear the Birkenstocks in though for about an hour a day for a week and slowly increase it. Mine are now the best! I got mine fitted at a shop where I could claim them on my private health cover

Thanks
    Reviews
    I developed plantar fasciitis following DS's pregnancy thanks to weight gain plus too much time in havianas!!

I don't have a personalised orthotic, but I have a sport insole by foot logics that lives in my runners instead of their insole. I can only go Asics or Brooks runners too as they offer correct structural support. I hate wearing sport runners lots - I feel like Jerry Seinfeld - but it's necessary for me to wear them every second to third day. So I've changed my wardrobe to work with this shoes.

I also got the fit logics half sole support which, if I get 1/2 size bigger, fit straight into my winter boots (Supersoft). I got some very cute ballet flats by Planet Shoes with in built arch support. My feet can handle them about 3 times a week.
    I also have some attractive sandals by Earth which again have support, but I can only do those 1-2 lats a week.

More recently, I got some Axign sandals. They're a bit birkenstocky (I hate that look!) but worth it for the comfort.

I find wearing the same shoe several days in a row almost as bad as wearing an unsupportive shoe.
    Last edited by Stretched; 28-10-2015 at 12:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PomPoms View Post
    Exactly right! Me too!

You need to wear the Birkenstocks in though for about an hour a day for a week and slowly increase it. Mine are now the best! I got mine fitted at a shop where I could claim them on my private health cover
    Yep. She claims them too.
    She has a very extensive range now. Lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't wear orthotics or joggers oy thing I can wear are oofos. Ugly expensive things but so worth it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips and the brand recommendations! I'm just a bit wary of buying shoes online though... what if they don't fit?

Has anyone tried Vionic shoes? Some of them look half decent, plus I found a shop about 40 minutes from me that I might be willing to trek to.

Those Oofos sound really comfy, albeit hideous! I'm thinking of maybe ordering some just to wear around the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Thanks for the tips and the brand recommendations! I'm just a bit wary of buying shoes online though... what if they don't fit?

Has anyone tried Vionic shoes? Some of them look half decent, plus I found a shop about 40 minutes from me that I might be willing to trek to.

Those Oofos sound really comfy, albeit hideous! I'm thinking of maybe ordering some just to wear around the house.
    Oh the Frankie4 ones are in shops, I just found a link to show you.

I think the shop is called Footgear and it has Vionics and Frankie 4 and a few other ones, but most of them say on the box they are suitable with orthotics.

If you are anywhere near Indooroopilly there are two good size shops there that have a good range of shoes for orthotics.