+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm so sorry you have had to endure that obscene behaviour from another adult. Disgusting.

Please end your friendship with this couple. The stress isn't worth it.

As for your husband. Can you sit and talk to him about how the behaviour makes you feel? How you don't want to be friends with them anymore because of their behaviour?

in all honesty you don't owe the lady anything. Yes she helped you at a time you needed help but she sounds like she's not very nice.

Surround your self and your kids with positive friendly role models. You don't need their toxic friendship

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

ash17  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    These people have become far too 'familiar' with your family and they seem to think they can behave as they please in your home without respecting you or your children. It's wrong.

I would be insisting to your DH that it's time to cut these people out of your lives. Friendships shouldn't come with so much drama. You would be better off being friends with people closer to your own age with young children who are more like-minded and in touch with the responsibilities of being a parent.

If your DH insists he still wants to hang out with this loser guy, tell him he'll have to catch up with him somewhere else - no more boozy meals at your place.

I have no problem with adults enjoying a few drinks, but binge drinking and bad behaviour in a home where children are present is really off IMO.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

ash17  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    They sound feral and I'd be none too impressed with your husband either. I'm glad you had support when you needed it but it shouldn't come with a lifetime of obligation - that's not friendship. Cut them loose and don't look back.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusty22 For This Useful Post:

ash17  (28-10-2015),VicPark  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They don't sound like the couple you need in your life. To be honest I'd ditch them and find new friends !! Try playgroups, getting out and meeting people.

They sound like a very odd couple. One thing I do feel I need to point out is that you're laying all t he blame on them for some of the things (such as excessive drinking, staying longer than warranted) but your husband encouraged them to stay and was also encouraging them to keep drinking. I think you need to look at the behaviour of your husband and have a chat about it.

I personally would rather no friends than friends like that. As said above.. try and get involved in some activities to meet new people.

Good luck OP

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

ash17  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg why on earth do you continue allowing them anywhere near you or your children?? Stop now!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubbles21 For This Useful Post:

ash17  (28-10-2015),VicPark  (28-10-2015)

mumbron is offline Actions speak louder than words!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    These people really don't seem like genuine friends...time for you and your husband to make some new friends before things turn nasty.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mumbron For This Useful Post:

ash17  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I disagree with those saying that these people don't sound like genuine friends.
    It sounds like your friend was ready to come running to you in your time of need and be there for you, and a friendship like that would be very hard to give up, so I can see why you'd have put up with so much and clung to it for so long.
    However, the constant drunken gatherings and inappropriate touching in your home when you have asked for it to stop is not on.
    Personally I would attempt to stay friends with the woman who was very much there for you when you needed her, and stop all the drunk get togethers. I would just explain that as a mother of a 5 year old, your daughter is now at an age where she can be easily influenced by the behaviour around her, and you don't want that sort of thing going on in your home anymore.

If the friendship can't survive you putting your foot down, then you may have to let it go xox
    Last edited by CazHazKidz; 28-10-2015 at 11:03.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

ash17  (28-10-2015),SuperGranny  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There is a lot to this so I'm sorry if I missed something.

Firstly, you need to speak up. You should have done so already. YOU are uncomfortable with the behaviour the show when drinking, yet continue to provide drink for them.

It seems, from the very beginning, your main issue is with her husband. Tell your husband you are no longer comfortable with him, as he gets out of hand, and limit the visits.

See them in public only.

Or stop seeing them.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

ash17  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe people come into your life for many reasons. Some people stay a short time and some forever. Sometimes you need to say goodbye to toxic relationships. Be thankful for the good times but put yourself first. No-one should come into your house and make you feel uncomfortable. Your house should be your safe sanctuary. Might be time to cut the friendship and look for some more friends who respect you

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lineyb73 For This Useful Post:

ash17  (28-10-2015),SuperGranny  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you to everyone for your opinions. I really do appreciate it.