Egg Donation Greece or Cape Town | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation Greece or Cape Town

Hi All

We are looking at our options of an Egg donor from either Greece or Cape Town, I would like to know your experiences both good and bad with the clinics and doctors that you used. As there are so many to choose from and want to make sure we are making the right decision. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, I didn't want to read and run so I'll add my 2 cents worth if you don't mind first, there are a huge amount of clinics to choose from and it's easy to get bogged down in the choice, but a starting point would be to decide if you wanted to choose your own donor and see photos on their profile or if you would like a totally anonymous donor which a coordinator/doctor at the clinic you choose would choose for you, fitting your requirements and your photo, once you have established that, then you will choose which country you will go to.
    Greece is totally anonymous and basic info on your donor is given, age, height, eye colour etc, whilst you get to have total choice over your donor in South Africa.
    If cost is also important to you, make sure you see what is and isn't included in the price, for instance, the clinic I chose cost €4500 and included icsi, 5 day blastocyst, guarantee of 2 top quality 5 day blasts, freezing of any remainder for the first year and sperm freezing for a year if you wanted to leave a sample at the clinic. A lot of other clinics charge extra for these. Also if the clinic has embryo glue, embryoscope as an extra/included if your interested in those
    Most clinics do not include your meds so you have to factor in those to the cost as well, and if they treat immunes or will work in with you if you need that
    Probably more to add but I'd start off with those first to narrow down your choices