+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Eta close up. Cuticles??
    Attached Images

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    It shouldn't hurt @Marigold, just push back gently. It's important to remove invisible cuticle as well - this will actually be on your nail bed. You scrap it off. I recommend the Jamberry cuticle remover, it softens your cuticles and makes it much easier to remove any invisible cuticle!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (18-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maco View Post
    Hi
    I'm interested in getting some nail wraps but wanted to know if they actually last? How long do they stay on for before they start chipping and are they actually hard wearing I.e. Doing dishes and having showers etc
    Everyone is different, some people get days/weeks wear out of a single application but for others (like me) they start to lift within 24 hours. They don't "chip"as such, as they are basically stickers, so will lift and fray at the edges due to wear and tear. In my experience, mine need upkeep to make them last. Could be just my nails, natural oils in my nails or curves, but I use a nail buffer to tend to the tips as they begin to lift rather than just peel them straight off. Today (I only applied by new ones last night) they had already began to lift around the edges so I gave them another quick go in front of the mini heater and gently buffed/smoothed them down. They are as good as new 😃
    The extra maintenance is worth it though!
    I use a gentle combination buffer like this for fix ups...
    Attached Images

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

maco  (18-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1458286784.245606.jpgthey arrived!! Question: if I wanted to use normal nail polish under the fractured on would that make a difference to the time it lasts for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    @bpac, I don't think it would make a difference. What colour are you thinking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    @bpac, I don't think it would make a difference. What colour are you thinking?
    When I bought them I didn't realise it was clear in the gaps. I am thinking a bright pink for all apart from one and the ring finger a bright blue or lavender. Or a bright yellow and green in the ring finger. It's suck a small gap I think it would work. Never done it before so I am trying one of the other ones first

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    Attachment 79416they arrived!! Question: if I wanted to use normal nail polish under the fractured on would that make a difference to the time it lasts for?
    Yes, it won't last as long.

I'd recommend putting a coloured wrap underneath or trushine if you have it. Then it should last.

@Marigold have you tried filing at a 45 degree angle?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

bpac  (18-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (18-03-2016),Mod-Nomsie  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post

@Marigold have you tried filing at a 45 degree angle?
    Yes, I've watched the tutorials, I'm following everything they recommend. The only thing I can think of though, is that I apply hand moisturiser a lot throughout the day as a I have very dry skin - I wonder if that's affecting them. Never before or straight after application though so it shouldn't really make a difference...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Yes, I've watched the tutorials, I'm following everything they recommend. The only thing I can think of though, is that I apply hand moisturiser a lot throughout the day as a I have very dry skin - I wonder if that's affecting them. Never before or straight after application though so it shouldn't really make a difference...
    No, moisturizer shouldn't effect it if you have a water tight seal. Do you wait 12hrs before emersing in water or putting cream on after first applying them?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (18-03-2016)