+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 757
  1. #531
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,109
    Thanks
    1,604
    Thanked
    2,085
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey Jam-ladies, have any of you used any other brand wraps as well to compare? I tried Nail Rock and really liked them. They're like a sticker and I just peeled them off after a week once a few of them were wearing on the edge too much. I got heaps of compliments and they held my nails together for a whole week (thin nails so 2-3 usually rip to the quick every week. I just put on some Sally Hansen ones and am very unimpressed. Much harder to put on, have folds in them that I can't get out and pretty much just look like a dodgy nail polish job.

    So if you have used either of these, is Jamberry more like the Nail Rock except you need heat to apply?

  2. #532
    harvs's Avatar
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,997
    Thanks
    6,239
    Thanked
    15,894
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

    AdornedWithCats  (08-02-2016),~Marigold~  (07-02-2016)

  4. #533
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok, decided to team some wraps with nail polish this time, mainly because my jammies never seem to last long and I'm fed up with wasting them all up so fast!
    Here is my super quickie jamicure...totally random, indecisive mood tonight! My fave are the pink/white stripes.
    I don't like the big gap on my right thumb though 😣
    Attached Images

  5. #534
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Hey Jam-ladies, have any of you used any other brand wraps as well to compare? I tried Nail Rock and really liked them. They're like a sticker and I just peeled them off after a week once a few of them were wearing on the edge too much. I got heaps of compliments and they held my nails together for a whole week (thin nails so 2-3 usually rip to the quick every week. I just put on some Sally Hansen ones and am very unimpressed. Much harder to put on, have folds in them that I can't get out and pretty much just look like a dodgy nail polish job.

    So if you have used either of these, is Jamberry more like the Nail Rock except you need heat to apply?
    I'd never heard of these so did a quick google search for Nail Rock and the youtube application tutorial says you apply heat to them, which is the same as the Jamberry process. Did you not do that when you used them?
    I'd be interested in trying them, because as much as I LOVE the Jams, I have lots of issues with them lifting at the edges after only a couple of days. I've tried every trick in the book!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

    Stretched  (09-02-2016)

  7. #535
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I'd never heard of these so did a quick google search for Nail Rock and the youtube application tutorial says you apply heat to them, which is the same as the Jamberry process. Did you not do that when you used them?
    I'd be interested in trying them, because as much as I LOVE the Jams, I have lots of issues with them lifting at the edges after only a couple of days. I've tried every trick in the book!
    ETA - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eMJ4vF3qjKk

  8. #536
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,109
    Thanks
    1,604
    Thanked
    2,085
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I'd never heard of these so did a quick google search for Nail Rock and the youtube application tutorial says you apply heat to them, which is the same as the Jamberry process. Did you not do that when you used them?
    I'd be interested in trying them, because as much as I LOVE the Jams, I have lots of issues with them lifting at the edges after only a couple of days. I've tried every trick in the book!
    No I didn't use heat. The instructions said if it was cold to warm between your hands first but it was a 30+ day! They saw me out a week, which is longer than any nail polish I've ever tried. They could have gone a bit longer but I'm a picker, so once one bit lifted I kept picking at it!! They don't have much of a range though, all very metallic, animal, in your face. Hence why looking at Jams as an option.

  9. #537
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    No I didn't use heat. The instructions said if it was cold to warm between your hands first but it was a 30+ day! They saw me out a week, which is longer than any nail polish I've ever tried. They could have gone a bit longer but I'm a picker, so once one bit lifted I kept picking at it!! They don't have much of a range though, all very metallic, animal, in your face. Hence why looking at Jams as an option.
    I agree, I had a look through their designs and you're right - I'll definitely be sticking with my Jams. I am a picker, too! I need to not do that... 😳

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

    Stretched  (09-02-2016)

  11. #538
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,334
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked
    577
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've found Nail Rock are thicker then Jamberry and they didn't last for me.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

    Stretched  (09-02-2016)

  13. #539
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,109
    Thanks
    1,604
    Thanked
    2,085
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caketin View Post
    I've found Nail Rock are thicker then Jamberry and they didn't last for me.
    Ah ok, see I actually liked how thick they are as my own nails are so thin so it stopped them tearing. Do you peel Jamberry off when you're done as well?

  14. #540
    AdornedWithCats's Avatar
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,815
    Thanks
    6,775
    Thanked
    3,407
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    No definitely don't peel jams off @Stretched. I find the recommended removal method really quick and easy:
    * Pick up edges of wrap to break seal
    * soak in nail polish remover or coconut oil for 20-30 seconds
    * with a cuticle pusher, gently work the wrap off from one side to the other, it should slide off, if not dip the cuticle pusher in more remover or oil as you go
    * clean off any residual adhesive (I use more remover).

    This takes all of 5 minutes! So quick.

    I love that jams make my nails feel protected. I haven't tried other brands though.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

    Stretched  (09-02-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Reusable pouch and food wraps for tupperware sandwich keeper plus
    By lisab82 in forum Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-01-2015, 11:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Sudocrem / Infacol
Sudocrem® Healing Cream is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash, eczema, abrasions, wounds and minor skin irritations. Infacol Wind Drops are an effective method of treating wind in infants.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!