+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Am I the only one who is blown away by how different everyone's feet look?? Since this thread I've been looking at people's toenails and u never realised how varied our feet look!! Haha
    Suddenly self conscious about my foot pics!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Suddenly self conscious about my foot pics!
    Oh no no no!!! That's not what I meant... I just mean I didn't know how varied they are!! It's quite fascinating to me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (26-01-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    @Mod-Nomsie this might help (had to screenshot off Pinterest so it might be a bit blurry)

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1453761309.017857.jpg

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (27-01-2016),PomPoms  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Those heating times are incorrect! If you heat any of the wraps too long the layers will separate. It's 1, 2, 3 for all, apply, smooth, then apply more heat if needed. Just not too much

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Oh really? My wraps have been different depending on what they're made of. I was told to heat til they curl, and I've had no issues.

That's interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone tried the 1,2,3 method for application? I lost one nail from my mani last week so tried it when I replaced the two fingers and they have held up really well.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Cheese View Post
    Has anyone tried the 1,2,3 method for application? I lost one nail from my mani last week so tried it when I replaced the two fingers and they have held up really well.
    I do it with every application.
    I always end up with a smooth, firm hold to start with but usually within 24 I get lifting here and there. Not sure if it's my nails or what, I'm definitely doing the application correctly, using tweezers so as not to touch the adhesive side, cleaning and priming my nails with alcohol swabs beforehand...I've tried no filing, gently buffing with a soft file, clear coat on top, at one point I even applied a tiny dot of nail glue under where it started to lift... But my wraps never seem to stick for more than 4 days max. Some fingers are still good though, so next time I'll just replace the single nails as needed rather than removing them all because of a few crappy ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, this is the way I apply all my wraps and I very rarely have lifting issues. It does take time to perfect the application.

1. Push back all cuticles (make sure you get any invisible ones too)
    2. Clean nails with alcohol wipe
    3. Size up wraps to be slightly smaller then your nail (don't fear the 'gap' just embrace it and you know it won't lift due to natural skin oils!). I use the 5 smaller on my mani
    4. Cut wrap in half and put in front of mini heater (adhesive side) for 1, 2, 3 and apply to your nail
    5. Smooth wrap out from cuticle tip then rock from side to side to seal edges
    6. Put finger back in front of mini heater for 1, 2 then tug and pull the end down to almost vacuum seal to the nail and run your cuticle pusher around edges to make sure they're sealed
    7. Finish all fingers on one hand and let wraps cool down entirely
    8. Now trim and file at 90 degrees in a downward motion
    9. Complete opposite hand the same way

I put mine on at night just before bed so I don't wet my hands for a good few hours. Next day if I need to fix anything up like a bit more heat I do. The wraps will slightly shrink overnight as they cool down as well.

Here's my Australia Day wraps:
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1453817197.578811.jpg

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-01-2016),CakeyMumma  (27-01-2016),~Marigold~  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I always end up with a smooth, firm hold to start with but usually within 24 I get lifting here and there. Not sure if it's my nails or what, I'm definitely doing the application correctly, using tweezers so as not to touch the adhesive side, cleaning and priming my nails with alcohol swabs beforehand...I've tried no filing, gently buffing with a soft file, clear coat on top, at one point I even applied a tiny dot of nail glue under where it started to lift... But my wraps never seem to stick for more than 4 days max. Some fingers are still good though, so next time I'll just replace the single nails as needed rather than removing them all because of a few crappy ones.
    Oh how disappointing. One thing could be doing a heat bag on the tips, my sister does this and tells me that is the best for her to get her tips secure. Or you could also try white vinegar to clean the nail before application.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (27-01-2016)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I use 123 method, trip wrap to just past my nail, then move on and do second finger. Trim second finger, then go back to the first.
    I heat a metal cuticle pusher and smooth over any bumps I may have (domed nails- I cannot stop them but this has cut them down dramatically) and the file at 90d with jam file, then file at 45d with glass file. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1453885360.500710.jpg

8 day old application. You can see my little finger- like I said I can't avoid bumps, but they've only come up today. As I was doing my hair several strands got caught under this wrap and they were hard to remove without ruining the seal. And 8 days is good for my fingers

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-01-2016),~Marigold~  (27-01-2016)