+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone for the insight.
    As luck would have it, my Wife's car has isofix points which is awesome.
    However! what is even more awesome is my 2004 subaru also has isofix points.
    you have to love car companies who are ahead of mandated products!!

**small Win*

cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

so i still have a few months left before i really have to make my decision.
    However this is the baby car seat i have in my sights.

it is a 0-4 years convertable
    it has an an adjustable head rest for when the child grows and may be taller than expected.
    a push button at the front for adjusting the straps.
    the material seems like it is quite cool to the touch so the child wont overheat (if there is a chance of getting cold you can always add blankets etc.)

and at the moment its price keeps dropping from $649 to $499 to $449.

http://babyco.com.au/safe-n-sound-mi...-sict-car-seat

so at the moment this one is winning for me.

i hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

As a first time dad to be, ive been looking at car seats and came across your post Hazza. Baby is due at the end of march, so pressure is on. Thanks for that liunk - i was thinking of picking one up from BabyBunting, but was really unhappy with the level of apathy and poor service there. Once again, thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!
    When we start looking for our big girl car seat when bub outgrows her capsule I'll be looking closely at the fabric. We have hot summers and some car seat fabrics can make your child sweat and uncomfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahd80 View Post
    Hi!
    When we start looking for our big girl car seat when bub outgrows her capsule I'll be looking closely at the fabric. We have hot summers and some car seat fabrics can make your child sweat and uncomfortable.
    Infa has very a new cover that doesn't do this. I can't remember the name though sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Infa has very a new cover that doesn't do this. I can't remember the name though sorry.
    Quattro

7. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey SSHW, sorry i never came up with the good of a comprehensive excel spread sheet.
    i bought my seats from babyco. I'm near Knox and i first put them on layby at springvale homemaker centre and both shops the ladies there were really helpful.
    I dont know if it is coincedence or not however they all seemed to be mums (might be a good shop for mums to work) and they had anecdotal evidence for different features.
    I think i said it above but one of my decisions was around the material as i know they can make the baby hot and sweaty. the millenia from safe n sound is made from a "bamboo" marerial which cools quickly.
    i have a travel pillow in the same material and i can confirm it is great with its cooling capabilities.
    when i went to the homemaker centre i met the lady who sets the prices for the car seats... more she sought me out as i was negotiating price for multiple seats. she was confident she had the best price in the state maybe even australia. and i jumped the gun and bought mine just before christmas as it was a $200+ saving on RRP.

As for Sarahd80, the millenia is a 0-4 yrs so it can be used as a "capsule like" carseat.
    a few people i have spoken to have advised me ( and im happy to be corrected) that capsules are good for convenience however you dont want them to be in that seated position for long periods of time. i.e the car drive and the picnic with firends and then the car ride home. however i cannot deny the beauty of being able to just plonk the baby in the car without waking him/her.

again, im new, this is what ive heard from multiple sources however it may not cater to your needs.
    im glad we got a conversation rolling

cheers

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help!

Hi Hazza
    thank you for your posts - as an engineer I am interested to know why you chose the Millenia over the Platinum pro car seat? I am looking at both and the Platinum pro appears to have additional safety features, although I am struggling to find any information on how much safer this actually makes the seat? Would prefer the Millenia as it is less bulky but don't want to compromise on safety. Would be keen to hear why you chose Millenia?
    thank you!