+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Credit cards

Whats the best way you use your credit card to make the most out of it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If you can't pay it off every month then it's just not worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have points we get with our cards (one account with visa and american express linked). Everything we do goes on our credit card and it is paid off every month. We never have a balance carrying over, because that just costs you money. We only use 'savings' to withdraw cash for things like a babysitter or preschool activities etc as required.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Make sure your limit is manageable. Pay off every cent every month. If you want particular rewards etc - do your research for which card you will get most from. Check out annual fees.

We tend to use our credit card heaps. But we always have money on it, pay it off immediately if in negative. We don't get 'rewards' but we don't care. Also no annual fee.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a $1500 balance. We pay everything on the card and put money on it as we go so we're never behind. We use it for frequent flyer points mainly. We currently have almost 400,000 points

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm new to using a credit card.
    So paying it off every month is the best option .... Even if paying it off every month means you need to use it because all your money's on there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I use it for everything to collect points. I pay it off at the end of every month. If you can't pay it off at the end of every month don't get one. I have a 20k limit. It's probably 10k more than what I need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kriista View Post
    I'm new to using a credit card.
    So paying it off every month is the best option .... Even if paying it off every month means you need to use it because all your money's on there?
    You need to have enough money left in your savings account at the end of every month to transfer money over to your card and pay it off in full.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We use it to get points mainly so we can fly to visit family.
    We put everything on it and I transfer money every few days so we dont overspend our budget.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    You need to have enough money left in your savings account at the end of every month to transfer money over to your card and pay it off in full.
    Finances is not my strong point. I'm pretty sure I've just made another mistake by getting a credit card but I didn't have much choice. Glad I found this thread though at least I'm learning!