Exhausted from trying to keep baby from crying | Page 4 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashling View Post

I was googling colic and found this - https://www.babydoc.com.au/faq/colic...baby-to-sleep/.
    I read that article too when researching colic/reflux. A lot of it makes sense to me. You could always give it a try and see how you go. If anything, you get some nice days lying in bed if it works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I wish I'd read that article sooner! Makes a lot of sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    This is the one I had and it was AMAZING!!! You can get them cheaper second hand.
    I actually got ours from gumtree brand new for under half the price as someone had received two for their baby shower!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I could have written your post word for word OP. We're trying colic mixture, losec for reflux, chiropractic and watching my diet and my DS seems to be improving.
    I dont think its entirely normal for a baby to cry that much (like mine was) and my advice is to go back to the doctor and basically tell them what you've said here and not leave without more help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    I have read that before, and it makes a lot of sense to me. I think worth a try.
    I used something called miracle swaddle with my DS1 as he would escape his swaddle, really was a miracle for us- although we re-named it the "straight jacket".
    Yep i totally found that the overstimulation was a problem as per the Chilton article.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Are you in sydney? I've got one of those My Little Lamb rockers you can borrow

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was exactly the same. Now at 9 weeks things are getting better.

What you described sounds so much like him right down to the kicking. Truth was he was just plain overtired. Great of a nighttime, but just a catnapper through the day, but not a happy catnapper like my DD. He clearly needed more sleep. Cried whenever he was awake and not feeding.

Here is what we have found helped;
    - swaddled really tight. We also use a love to dream wrap me up for the night. However when he was just too worked up he settled easier tightly wrapped with a jersey material wrap.

- Glider chair! It has been the best investment we have made. I will stand to rock him first just to get settled a bit then move to the rocking chair until he is asleep.

- Watching closely for tired signs. Although this was a bit harder, as he just seems to go from 0 to 100, nothing in between!! I found watching the clock was a bit easier and after being awake for about 45-60 mins started to get him ready for sleeps before he started crying.

-Time!! I knew from DD that it would get better, but it still had me second guessing. But yes it does get easier as they get older.

In regards to your DH, don't feel bad for asking for a break when he gets home from work. Just because you're on maternity leave does not mean you have the easy road. IMO being at work all day is his break.
    I know what's easier for me to handle, work or home all day with a screaming baby? Definately work!

Hang in there and I hope you can find something that works for you and your DD. Big hugs

9. The Following User Says Thank You to looloo711 For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashling View Post
    I feel really bad about relying on my partner for help because I'm the one on maternity leave. Hardly seems fair that he has to go to work and then come home and be handed a screaming baby.
    I hope the great advice already given helps.
    I could not read without commenting on this though.

Your partner does not stop being a parent just because he works. You are 50% responsible, not 100%. Don't ever feel guilty about asking for help.

I had to sit my husband down this morning and tell him this. He works long hours and when he gets home he needs 15 minutes to de-stress. I gave him that and then asked him to take the baby. He lost it. So I lost it.
    I told him that he is selfish- she is his daughter too not just mine and he is responsible for her as much as me. I then asked him what exactly he thought I was going to do while he spent time with her, party? No, I was going to make dinner FOR HIM. Not me, because I eat during her 5.30pm nap.
    So I told him he had a choice, and he must make it then and it would be permanent- he has his 15 mins, takes the baby and I make dinner; or I keep the baby 24/7 and he looks after his own meals and laundry and tidies up after himself.
    He took her quick smart.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (17-03-2016),Gentoo  (18-03-2016),LaDiDah  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my times I used bouncer which was musical and had a rattle hanging. It was quite effective.