Exhausted from trying to keep baby from crying | Page 3 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son was much the same around that age, but it definitely got better! I remember calling my husband frantically for an hour because I thought he was going to be home at 5:30 - he didn't end up getting home til 10; he was asked to stay back at work. He never did it without checking with me again. I must have sounded hysterical when he finally called me back.

We used the bouncer a lot too, and while we tried out a couple of swings, it wasn't for him. He liked me to sing to him while he was in the bouncer if he was really upset. Before we got the bouncer, I used to sit on the exercise ball and bounce or rock. He seemed much more content if I did that.

A chiro or osteo could definitely help, just make sure you get some recommendations for someone from your local area.

If you need a break, put her down and walk away for 5 minutes. Easier said than done (I know!), but you won't be any good to your DD if you can't function any more.

It should improve soon. I hope you find something that works for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so I fed her around 12:30, afterwards swaddled her as tightly as I could and put her in the pram with all the hoods closed (but there's some mesh open for air flow), rocked her until she fell asleep and now 1.5 hours later she is still sleeping
    This past weekend all my family came to see her and she was passed around a lot, I think maybe we have been really over-stimulating her. My family all live interstate so they were so excited to see her.
    Prior to this weekend, my partner's mother came to stay with us for a month and every time I left her to sleep, she would go and get her because she wanted to hold her all the time. She would carry her around, trying to show her birds and plants in the backyard and now I think it's all just been too much too soon. I should have intervened but as his mother lives in the US, I have only met her once before and with my partner at work, I didn't feel confident enough in my ability or comfortable enough with her to say anything. If I hadn't been breastfeeding, I doubt I would have gotten to hold my daughter at all whilst she was here.

Her poos are not frothy, green or mucousy although I guess they're relatively frequent as she does several a day. None at night really anymore, a huge 1-2 in the morning and then a few small ones throughout the rest of the day. All yellowy/mustard in colour. Because of her substantial weight gain, she's ebf, I don't think she has any allergies. But she may have an intolerance or something.

I'm going to keep trying to 'bore her to sleep', see if it does get her back to baseline, because she did used to nap during the day and see if that works. If we don't have any results I will further look into the food side of things but for the moment, I have a sleeping baby!!

ETA I change her nappy every time she poops and keep an eye on the moisture sensor line thingy - if it's blue, we change it so I try to make sure she's never uncomfortable from that.
    Last edited by Ashling; 26-10-2015 at 13:49.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashling For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (26-10-2015),Mrs Snowman  (26-10-2015),Tiny Dancer  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have lived through this. It is incredibly difficult I know. I strongly recommend you contact either your GP and get into a sleep school (very little ones tend to get in faster) or see if you can at the very least have a day stay with a child health nurse. Be honest about being so exhausted that you just can't cope any more. Let them see how you feel. There is nothing to be ashamed of at all. Oh and remember that you are your little one's Mumma and no one can make you try any techniques that you are not comfortable with. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure if it's the reason he used to cry but now my baby is a bit older he definitely gets super upset when he's overtired. He never really cries for hunger but as soon as he gets tired he gets very grizzly and if I don't get him to sleep quickly he becomes hysterical. I've stared being more aware of how long he's been awake etc so I can try to get him to sleep before meltdowns and it's crazy how much sleep they still need during the day at this age. For your baby she probably needs at least 6-7 hours sleep during the day and should only be awake for 60-90 mins at the most. With family and visitors around you will probably find she is awake for much longer and this might be why she's getting so upset. As I said my baby did start improving at about week 9 but I also think that was when i started really thinking about his sleep and concentrating on day naps.
    It's not easy but if you have the time take a few days to monitor what she's doing during the day, making notes of when she's sleeping, feeding etc and see if you can see any pattern to the crying. Hope things improve soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardi View Post
    I have lived through this. It is incredibly difficult I know. I strongly recommend you contact either your GP and get into a sleep school (very little ones tend to get in faster) or see if you can at the very least have a day stay with a child health nurse. Be honest about being so exhausted that you just can't cope any more. Let them see how you feel. There is nothing to be ashamed of at all. Oh and remember that you are your little one's Mumma and no one can make you try any techniques that you are not comfortable with. Best of luck.
    I second this. I happened to have a check up on a really bad day so burst into tears at the clinic and was referred to tresillian to help with the settling. While we havnt been completely successful with the sleeping it was really useful to know what's normal at this age and how to gently try to encourage better sleep patterns.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Baby swing!!

Also a lazy boy rocker recliner for you. Just put on your fav show and rock like crazy. Then when she's asleep kick out the foot stool and let her sleep on you.

Maybe try infants friend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1445832989.388894.jpg

I've been thinking of you OP. This is what we have and it's amazing. My Bub doesn't really like bouncing motion more of the front to back and side to side swinging.

It plays music and the animals turn so it also stimulates them.

Good luck and remember it's ok to ask for help from ladies at mothers group if you have one. Deep breaths, it will get better xx

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

Ashling  (26-10-2015),MamaMell  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry your having a tough time.

My ds3 was similar. I slept upright most evenings with him cheat to chest with me, it was the only way I could rest.

Leave the housework alone, cooling alone... DH can do it wen he gets home from work.

Focus on relaxing and dealing with Bub.

My ds finally at 8 weeks decided that it was safe to go to bed without me, which then helped a lot. So I don't think you're far off that point. Just think of it as the 4th trimester.

The first 12 weeks are the worst. Not long to go..

Good luck xoxo

11. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Btw your babys poops sound normal so no intolerances there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    Attachment 74768

I've been thinking of you OP. This is what we have and it's amazing. My Bub doesn't really like bouncing motion more of the front to back and side to side swinging.

It plays music and the animals turn so it also stimulates them.

Good luck and remember it's ok to ask for help from ladies at mothers group if you have one. Deep breaths, it will get better xx
    This is the one I had and it was AMAZING!!! You can get them cheaper second hand.