+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Woolworths scrapping Qantas FF

To say I'm ****ed is an understatement. It seems the new reward system is flawed ( also doesn't apply to Tasmania ).
    We're saving our points for a big family trip in a few years. Yes I could apply the new saving to a savings account but tbh I don't think those points will be achievable for the way we shop.
    How do you feel about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I much prefer the new way! We don't fly so didn't even bother with the rewards card and we do a basic shop at Woolworths (the rest from a fruit and veg market). So we do only spend around $50 a week at Woolworths though I haven't looked too much into the new way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm not personally bothered, as it would probably take an eternity for me to accumulate enough points for a flight.

I don't know much about the changes, but if they're making it more like fly buys (where you can use points to take $ off your shop) then I'd support that for sure.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently you have to purchase select items to get the discounts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I preferred getting FF points. We've done well over the years with free flights. That being said, though, I can understand why they didn't appeal to a lot of people. Unless you're collecting FF points from multiple sources (eg. shopping, credit card and flights) it would probably take a while to accumulate enough to fly anywhere.

I'll be annoyed if you need to buy Woolworths Select products in order to collect points in the new programme! (Yet another way for Woolies to squeeze out small independent producers!)

Either way, it's unlikely to bother me. In the last few months I've moved from being a predominantly Woolies shopper to a predominantly Coles shopper, because I've found their prices were lower and their produce is better. That's more important to me than any loyalty program.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A bit off topic, but FF didn't apply at woollies in tassie anyway, they have the frequent shopper program which I remember as being better then FF anyway. I remember getting a stack of vouchers at Xmas to use in store, so much fun as a Uni student to go nuts!

I'm going to be interested to see if the new program is any good, I moved to coles as I accumulate flybuys faster, and preferred their prices and produce.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad84 View Post
    I'm going to be interested to see if the new program is any good, I moved to coles as I accumulate flybuys faster, and preferred their prices and produce.
    I might just head back to Coles - I only started to use Woolies as when we moved it was closer but you are right - I always got heaps more flybuys/vouchers by the end of the year!

It's annoying that you have to buy certain ticketed products.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was a late comer to the ff rewards program so I'm disappointed that its ending. In the few months that I belonged to it I was stoked at how many ff points I'd collected and was saving them up for a family holiday. Under the new scheme you get $10 discount for every $700 you spend (or thereabouts). Not a good deal.

I don't believe the advertising - its not about what customers want, its about saving money for Woolies as they're struggling right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm disappointed too cause I was saving for trips interstate as well. But it seems like you have no choice but to o get the $10 off. You can't accumulate it. With flybys it's more expensive you get 1 point per dollar but you need get 2000 points to get $10 off...but you can choose when to redeem them. Although they have a lot of double point and triple point stuff.

I also don't believe the bullcrap of customers wanting this switch. I never got any survey to fill in.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Woolworths scrapping Qantas FF

I'm annoyed too, was going to set up a card for when our LO was born so hopefully he'd have heaps of points when he's 18 or so - I relied on the woolworths rewards card to accumulate points

I tend to shop at woolsworth and coles depending on the specials - will most likely stick with coles fly buys