I know I shouldn't laugh.... But I am!If it's any consolation ladies here's how we went with our nursery:
- tiny room but made it nice and sweet with all her new furniture, painted, new flooring, rug and curtains and a cute wall mural alongside her cot
- DD arrives (almost 7 months ago now) and spends first month in our room in bassinet, change table moved to our room, feeding chair moved to living room. Nursery not used, not even walked in 😂
- DH goes back to work when DD is a month old. DD and I move into spare room together with bassinet and change table. Nursery still not used.
- at 3 months old DD outgrows bassinet. Cot moved from nursery to spare room with me 😂
- at 6 months old DD has to finally move to nursery as BIL coming to stay and need spare room back 😢
- DD flips out at change of room (I think but maybe just coincidence). 3 days later we buy king single bed to go in her room for me which means feeding chair, bookcase/toy storage and change table have to come out to make room
- DD incredibly distracted by lovely wall mural so after a week we covered it over with cardboard 😖
- 6 weeks later DD still hasn't slept more than 4hrs straight in the nursery and I have the change table in our study, her bookcase/toy storage in the lounge and feeding chair in storage. I'm sleeping in there from 11pm each night as its easier than getting up and down all.night.long.
So much for all our effort getting the nursery perfect!!!
Try not to stress too much I'm sure the rooms look lovely and you can change whatever isn't working when your bubs are here 😀