Closed Thread
Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    thanks hunni

I think I'm prob just being precious and over the top. also I have unrealistic expectations and want it to look like a vogue photo shoot 😂

I think it does need a colour as the grey/white & gold on its own is a bit drab.

will check out nice wall decals too.

thanks for the kind words ladies xx

If you want a pop of colour go to Kmart and get some aqua stuff maybe?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (26-01-2016),turquoisecoast  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    thanks hunni

I think I'm prob just being precious and over the top. also I have unrealistic expectations and want it to look like a vogue photo shoot 😂

I think it does need a colour as the grey/white & gold on its own is a bit drab.

will check out nice wall decals too.

thanks for the kind words ladies xx
    I know how you feel hun I wanted mine to look different too but working with a tiny dark room and furniture we had from DS. I decided I had to work with what we had (DH wanted to paint the walls but it's such a dark room I didn't want to make it worse). I might do decals yet but waiting on the sex before I decide.

Have you thought about making more of a feature of the pouffe? Adding some subtle gold features here and there would make it really pop and help bring it out? And I think you could keep your current colour scheme and add subtle mint/turquoise features (ie cushions, wall art, hanging garlands etc) to add colour pop here & there.

I think things like light boxes/shadow boxes and or feature lights can add lots to a room too. It might only be a couple of additions/changes that make all the difference.

Have a look at some Pinterest/Instagram pages and find some styles that you like. I'm more confident to try things if I've seen someone do something similar successfully 😊.

Check out urban walls decals, if only for ideas, they have some good examples and most of their decals are available in a range of colours. We used the batman-mask decals in DS room and they look awesome. I'm thinking either mini pokadots or mini clouds in the nursery...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I know how you feel hun I wanted mine to look different too but working with a tiny dark room and furniture we had from DS. I decided I had to work with what we had (DH wanted to paint the walls but it's such a dark room I didn't want to make it worse). I might do decals yet but waiting on the sex before I decide.

Have you thought about making more of a feature of the pouffe? Adding some subtle gold features here and there would make it really pop and help bring it out? And I think you could keep your current colour scheme and add subtle mint/turquoise features (ie cushions, wall art, hanging garlands etc) to add colour pop here & there.

I think things like light boxes/shadow boxes and or feature lights can add lots to a room too. It might only be a couple of additions/changes that make all the difference.

Have a look at some Pinterest/Instagram pages and find some styles that you like. I'm more confident to try things if I've seen someone do something similar successfully 😊.

Check out urban walls decals, if only for ideas, they have some good examples and most of their decals are available in a range of colours. We used the batman-mask decals in DS room and they look awesome. I'm thinking either mini pokadots or mini clouds in the nursery...
    If it's any consolation ladies here's how we went with our nursery:
    - tiny room but made it nice and sweet with all her new furniture, painted, new flooring, rug and curtains and a cute wall mural alongside her cot
    - DD arrives (almost 7 months ago now) and spends first month in our room in bassinet, change table moved to our room, feeding chair moved to living room. Nursery not used, not even walked in 😂
    - DH goes back to work when DD is a month old. DD and I move into spare room together with bassinet and change table. Nursery still not used.
    - at 3 months old DD outgrows bassinet. Cot moved from nursery to spare room with me 😂
    - at 6 months old DD has to finally move to nursery as BIL coming to stay and need spare room back 😢
    - DD flips out at change of room (I think but maybe just coincidence). 3 days later we buy king single bed to go in her room for me which means feeding chair, bookcase/toy storage and change table have to come out to make room
    - DD incredibly distracted by lovely wall mural so after a week we covered it over with cardboard 😖
    - 6 weeks later DD still hasn't slept more than 4hrs straight in the nursery and I have the change table in our study, her bookcase/toy storage in the lounge and feeding chair in storage. I'm sleeping in there from 11pm each night as its easier than getting up and down all.night.long.
    So much for all our effort getting the nursery perfect!!!
    Try not to stress too much I'm sure the rooms look lovely and you can change whatever isn't working when your bubs are here 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    my main issue is the wall colour (a cool white/grey) and this chair I bought. the chair is amazing but I'm now thinking it won't go with anything else.

here's a pic of said chair (nb: not my house!)

it's not the end of the world I guess. as others have said bub will be staying in our room for the first few months and his room will be more for changing, dressing etc.Attachment 77799
    Love the chair! I've got a similar coloured chair and grey walls in my bubs room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    oh gosh, the nurseries really don't get much use then do they?

I think I'm just being precious as its our first and you want to make a big deal, get excited about doing the room up together.

all fantastic ideas, Kmart has lots of nice stuff (I know because it's a regular hang out for me 😂) and I love the decals and light box ideas too.

dh did say if needed a colour but I was adamant it didn't. I think he is right now 😳

I'll devote more headspace to this once I'm done with work this week. will be great to have all day to potter about and not have to worry about wasting time at work lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @gingermillie - I had a giggle reading that (I've lived it with DS) I know how deflating it is - particularly covering the wall mural. When I had a sleep consultant for my DS, she said take everything out - no distractions and I was like 😱

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    oh gosh, what a fiasco! it's lovely he took the initiative and did it all himself but it does sound as though there were "creative differences"

I can't even blame my dh! I've directed the look myself and I've just come to the conclusion that really, I have no idea.

I'm not happy with the wall colour the most but we repainted before we moved in here last year and it seems wasteful to repaint so soon. the carpet (also brand new) is a dark grey. now I'm also having second thoughts about the $800 armchair we bought.

I didn't want anything too babyish but now I feel it just has no vibe at all.

plus I seek to change my mind every week about what look I do want.

I was originally aiming for grey, white & gold but it just feels really dull.

so now I'm thinking mint green, white/grey and gold.

blergh. I think I'll move everything out later on and put things back one by one. then decide what needs to be added/left out.

I spent $180 on one of those leather gold pouffs so if that is in the "out" pile I'll be annoyed.

totally first world probs I know. the healthy happy baby is all that should matter, I'm getting bogged down with peripheral sh.t
    Jessica Alba's daughter has a Gold Pouffe in her room...and a grey chair...

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1453783614.066030.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    Oh @gingermillie - I had a giggle reading that (I've lived it with DS) I know how deflating it is - particularly covering the wall mural. When I had a sleep consultant for my DS, she said take everything out - no distractions and I was like 😱
    oh serious!? I remember my sister took down all the wall distractions at some point as her LO was finding them too stimulating and not sleeping! I thought it was just her bub but obviously it's an established thing!

good to know! I'll avoid murals! 😂

11. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimum890 View Post
    Jessica Alba's daughter has a Gold Pouffe in her room...and a grey chair...

Attachment 77800
    oh wow is that the actual room?

that's identical to my pouff! 😂

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1453784702.914102.jpg

13. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (26-01-2016)

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am..... #14

oh wow is that the actual room?

that's identical to my pouff! 😂

Attachment 77801
    Yep I had a feeling it may have been when you said the price ha ha...

It is stunning by the way!!

http://www.instyle.com/lifestyle/hom...amped-bedrooms

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (26-01-2016)