Have you thought about making more of a feature of the pouffe? Adding some subtle gold features here and there would make it really pop and help bring it out? And I think you could keep your current colour scheme and add subtle mint/turquoise features (ie cushions, wall art, hanging garlands etc) to add colour pop here & there.
I think things like light boxes/shadow boxes and or feature lights can add lots to a room too. It might only be a couple of additions/changes that make all the difference.
Have a look at some Pinterest/Instagram pages and find some styles that you like. I'm more confident to try things if I've seen someone do something similar successfully 😊.
Check out urban walls decals, if only for ideas, they have some good examples and most of their decals are available in a range of colours. We used the batman-mask decals in DS room and they look awesome. I'm thinking either mini pokadots or mini clouds in the nursery...
- tiny room but made it nice and sweet with all her new furniture, painted, new flooring, rug and curtains and a cute wall mural alongside her cot
- DD arrives (almost 7 months ago now) and spends first month in our room in bassinet, change table moved to our room, feeding chair moved to living room. Nursery not used, not even walked in 😂
- DH goes back to work when DD is a month old. DD and I move into spare room together with bassinet and change table. Nursery still not used.
- at 3 months old DD outgrows bassinet. Cot moved from nursery to spare room with me 😂
- at 6 months old DD has to finally move to nursery as BIL coming to stay and need spare room back 😢
- DD flips out at change of room (I think but maybe just coincidence). 3 days later we buy king single bed to go in her room for me which means feeding chair, bookcase/toy storage and change table have to come out to make room
- DD incredibly distracted by lovely wall mural so after a week we covered it over with cardboard 😖
- 6 weeks later DD still hasn't slept more than 4hrs straight in the nursery and I have the change table in our study, her bookcase/toy storage in the lounge and feeding chair in storage. I'm sleeping in there from 11pm each night as its easier than getting up and down all.night.long.
So much for all our effort getting the nursery perfect!!!
Try not to stress too much I'm sure the rooms look lovely and you can change whatever isn't working when your bubs are here 😀
oh gosh, the nurseries really don't get much use then do they?
I think I'm just being precious as its our first and you want to make a big deal, get excited about doing the room up together.
all fantastic ideas, Kmart has lots of nice stuff (I know because it's a regular hang out for me 😂) and I love the decals and light box ideas too.
dh did say if needed a colour but I was adamant it didn't. I think he is right now 😳
I'll devote more headspace to this once I'm done with work this week. will be great to have all day to potter about and not have to worry about wasting time at work lol
Oh @gingermillie - I had a giggle reading that (I've lived it with DS) I know how deflating it is - particularly covering the wall mural. When I had a sleep consultant for my DS, she said take everything out - no distractions and I was like 😱
It is stunning by the way!!
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!