Closed Thread
Page 96 of 101 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I am..... #14

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    oh gosh, what a fiasco! it's lovely he took the initiative and did it all himself but it does sound as though there were "creative differences"

I can't even blame my dh! I've directed the look myself and I've just come to the conclusion that really, I have no idea.

I'm not happy with the wall colour the most but we repainted before we moved in here last year and it seems wasteful to repaint so soon. the carpet (also brand new) is a dark grey. now I'm also having second thoughts about the $800 armchair we bought.

I didn't want anything too babyish but now I feel it just has no vibe at all.

plus I seek to change my mind every week about what look I do want.

I was originally aiming for grey, white & gold but it just feels really dull.

so now I'm thinking mint green, white/grey and gold.

blergh. I think I'll move everything out later on and put things back one by one. then decide what needs to be added/left out.

I spent $180 on one of those leather gold pouffs so if that is in the "out" pile I'll be annoyed.

totally first works probs I know. the healthy happy baby is all that should matter, I'm getting bogged down with peripheral sh.t
    Your nursery sounds nice!! If you want to make it a bit more baby without going over the top you could get some wall decals. A lot of them are very bright and (a little garish IMO) but there are millions out there and maybe you could find some that suit the rest of the decor. Some simple teddy bear silhouettes in mint and gold or something. Pinterest has great ideas. Good luck!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (26-01-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    @turquoisecoast I think mint green, grey and gold sounds beautiful. Very classy. Keep the pouffe :-)

I understand, getting the nursery right was very important to me too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    @turquoisecoast I think mint green, grey and gold sounds beautiful. Very classy. Keep the pouffe :-)

thanks hunni

I think I'm prob just being precious and over the top. also I have unrealistic expectations and want it to look like a vogue photo shoot 😂

I think it does need a colour as the grey/white & gold on its own is a bit drab.

will check out nice wall decals too.

thanks for the kind words ladies xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post

I think it sounds lovely as well. The gold pouffe would be my most favourite thing!

Could you add a brighter cushion/throw or bed linen, maybe a light coloured print for the wall if you feel it's all a bit dull?

Best wishes

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Also etsy have very nice downloadable wall art where you can often choose your colours and it's pretty cheap, then you can get nice frames for everything. For me it's about accessories :-)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    I think it sounds lovely as well. The gold pouffe would be my most favourite thing!

Could you add a brighter cushion/throw or bed linen, maybe a light coloured print for the wall if you feel it's all a bit dull?

Best wishes
    my main issue is the wall colour (a cool white/grey) and this chair I bought. the chair is amazing but I'm now thinking it won't go with anything else.

here's a pic of said chair (nb: not my house!)

it's not the end of the world I guess. as others have said bub will be staying in our room for the first few months and his room will be more for changing, dressing etc.ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1453773331.157441.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's a gorgeous chair!!!! I think it would go well with white or cool grey walls..? Ok so now I have chair envy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still feeling upset that my client was really rude to me and made false accusations against me. How can someone be so rude and be such a lier ((

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HLE View Post
    Still feeling upset that my client was really rude to me and made false accusations against me. How can someone be so rude and be such a lier ((
    oh dear, what happened? I'd find that really hurtful too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    oh dear, what happened? I'd find that really hurtful too.
    I have never been talked to like that in my whole life, it hurts so much. ..he got such a huge sense of entitlement and thinks i should do everything for him. Everyone can see through his lies, he just simply doesn't like me.