Closed Thread
Page 95 of 101 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am only 28 weeks with no pregnancy issues so that excuse won't work to get out of some cleaning. I think another month or so I can swan around with that excuse lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am ungrateful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    when can you start using the "but I'm too pregnant to clean" excuse? 😂

that's my current excuse lol
    I started this from day one. As in, those cleaning chemicals are harmful for pregnant women so I can't clean the bathroom for the next 9 months, sorry honey 😂.

As for other cleaning, still trying to figure that one out. The 'I need to sit down' excuse hasn't worked for me yet...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

JR03  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I started this from day one. As in, those cleaning chemicals are harmful for pregnant women so I can't clean the bathroom for the next 9 months, sorry honey 😂.

As for other cleaning, still trying to figure that one out. The 'I need to sit down' excuse hasn't worked for me yet...
    the chemicals thing is a real reason if you ask me. why should bubs be subjected to toilet cleaner fumes so our bowl can be sparkling. dh generally cleans the toilets here anyway.

I'm happy to do light cleaning tasks, washing and laundry, washing up/empty dishwasher and a bit of light dusting.

vacuuming and bathroom cleaning is dh's responsibility. I can't get into those nooks and crannies in the bathroom anyway, besides its dangerous. we might slip over 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Pretty sure everyone on bubhub is in the same boat!
    I'm late to the party here but just wanted to say I've NEVER seen frozen. Not once.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I'm late to the party here but just wanted to say I've NEVER seen frozen. Not once.
    I have not either. I think DS did at childcare at one of their breakups.

We got an invite to a b'day party for one of his childcare friends (it is a frozen invite) and he knew all the characters. Not planning on watching it any time soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I'm like that with 50 Shades of Grey. Didn't read the books, haven't seen the movie. Have no desire to.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

Californication  (26-01-2016),HeavenBlue  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    I'm like that with 50 Shades of Grey. Didn't read the books, haven't seen the movie. Have no desire to.
    same here. it just seems sooo cringey.

I'm really upset. our baby nursery looks really stupid and I'm just so increasingly unhappy with it.

the colour scheme is all wrong and it just feels over crowded and grim.

tempted to go to bunnings and take the law into my own hands and repaint it this arvo. this is probably a terrible idea but I'm that over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    same here. it just seems sooo cringey.

I'm really upset. our baby nursery looks really stupid and I'm just so increasingly unhappy with it.

the colour scheme is all wrong and it just feels over crowded and grim.

tempted to go to bunnings and take the law into my own hands and repaint it this arvo. this is probably a terrible idea but I'm that over it.
    I understand how you feel about the nursery.

I had dreams and visions of exactly what I wanted our little baby girls nursery to look like. I'd researched everything and spent millions of hours on Pinterest. I dreamed of a soft pink, white and mint with little grey elephants. My DP decorated the nursery as a surprise for me one day while I was at work.... Blue, green and black tartan for our baby girl! I cried for three days. I hated it so much. And felt terrible because he was trying to do something nice and I couldn't appreciate it. He's usually really good with home decor stuff so I'm still wondering if he had been smoking crack that day. And he spent an utter fortune in it all (about $2K).

Anyway, fast forward to when Bub arrived I really didn't care as she sleeps in our room and I only go in the nursery to change her nappy. I'm looking forward to decorating her room when she is a little older and has developed her own preferences, which of course will be influenced by me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default I am..... #14

Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I understand how you feel about the nursery.

I had dreams and visions of exactly what I wanted our little baby girls nursery to look like. I'd researched everything and spent millions of hours on Pinterest. I dreamed of a soft pink, white and mint with little grey elephants. My DP decorated the nursery as a surprise for me one day while I was at work.... Blue, green and black tartan for our baby girl! I cried for three days. I hated it so much. And felt terrible because he was trying to do something nice and I couldn't appreciate it. He's usually really good with home decor stuff so I'm still wondering if he had been smoking crack that day. And he spent an utter fortune in it all (about $2K).

Anyway, fast forward to when Bub arrived I really didn't care as she sleeps in our room and I only go in the nursery to change her nappy. I'm looking forward to decorating her room when she is a little older and has developed her own preferences, which of course will be influenced by me
    oh gosh, what a fiasco! it's lovely he took the initiative and did it all himself but it does sound as though there were "creative differences"

I can't even blame my dh! I've directed the look myself and I've just come to the conclusion that really, I have no idea.

I'm not happy with the wall colour the most but we repainted before we moved in here last year and it seems wasteful to repaint so soon. the carpet (also brand new) is a dark grey. now I'm also having second thoughts about the $800 armchair we bought.

I didn't want anything too babyish but now I feel it just has no vibe at all.

plus I seek to change my mind every week about what look I do want.

I was originally aiming for grey, white & gold but it just feels really dull.

so now I'm thinking mint green, white/grey and gold.

blergh. I think I'll move everything out later on and put things back one by one. then decide what needs to be added/left out.

I spent $180 on one of those leather gold pouffs so if that is in the "out" pile I'll be annoyed.

totally first world probs I know. the healthy happy baby is all that should matter, I'm getting bogged down with peripheral sh.t
    Last edited by turquoisecoast; 26-01-2016 at 11:24.