Closed Thread
Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Feeling sad and realising yet again that people I considered friends are actually just acquaintances.

I've been on maternity leave since late September and a few close girlfriends (or so I thought) from work promised to visit.... Not one of them has. First they wanted to give me space to spend time with a baby, then the msgs for updates and check ups dried up.

This happened first time around but I moved even closer to them all this time and they swore they would visit - I asked them to and said I would be home and available any time and desperate for company- and I stupidly have let myself be disappointed and hurt again.

These people are not my real friends. I have no friends. Maternity leave makes that so clear. I feel so isolated right now.
    Huge hugs!! I know maternity leave was a stark wake up call to me about my apparent friends also. It really hurts. I'm sorry you're having to go through this again.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (06-01-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Feeling sad and realising yet again that people I considered friends are actually just acquaintances.

I've been on maternity leave since late September and a few close girlfriends (or so I thought) from work promised to visit.... Not one of them has. First they wanted to give me space to spend time with a baby, then the msgs for updates and check ups dried up.

This happened first time around but I moved even closer to them all this time and they swore they would visit - I asked them to and said I would be home and available any time and desperate for company- and I stupidly have let myself be disappointed and hurt again.

These people are not my real friends. I have no friends. Maternity leave makes that so clear. I feel so isolated right now.
    hugs to you.

I don't really have any close friends here either. they're all interstate as is my family.

as much as I'm looking forward to mat leave, a part of me is worried I'll start to feel isolated too as I don't have anyone to do coffees etc with. usually I'm ok with that as I like the solitude but I'd be lying if I said a part of me isn't concerned. with a baby in the mix and potentially feeling overwhelmed and isolated, I hope my mental state doesn't deteriorate.

sorry my reply doesn't help you any but just wanted to let you know you're not alone xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    hugs to you.

I don't really have any close friends here either. they're all interstate as is my family.

as much as I'm looking forward to mat leave, a part of me is worried I'll start to feel isolated too as I don't have anyone to do coffees etc with. usually I'm ok with that as I like the solitude but I'd be lying if I said a part of me isn't concerned. with a baby in the mix and potentially feeling overwhelmed and isolated, I hope my mental state doesn't deteriorate.

sorry my reply doesn't help you any but just wanted to let you know you're not alone xx
    I found having babies helped me make friends. I drifted away from my 1 close friend but that had been happening for some time. I had and have work friends but all but one or two of them are superficial friends who I don't see outside of work. And the ones I do see are infrequent visits.

After I had DS1 and we moved to a new area when he was 6months I went to a playgroup (didn't attend mothers group at the beginning). DS1 is nearly 3 and we are still going and I now have a nice group of local mums who catch up another day as well as playgroup day, who would happily watch my boys and we also catch up kid free occasionally.

Just put yourself out there. I went for about 6 months to a year before we really all clicked and got brave enough to catch up outside of playgroup but that's the personality of a few of us being a bit shy. I'm so glad to have met these ladies and really enjoy Wednesday/Thursday catch ups and my boys adore the kids and the mums.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (05-01-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (06-01-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am..... #14

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    hugs to you.

Mothers groups, plays groups, etc., are great forums for bringing together mums who want to make friends. No need to feel embarrassed or shy - everyone there is in the same boat! As a PP said, put yourself out there. Don't necessarily wait to be invited to a catchup outside mother group - be the one that does the inviting if you need to.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs LMS. I know the feeling. In fact I'm in the middle of a panic attack now about it.

We've just moved to Canberra. So I have zip. Dh is back at work and my days are stretching out endlessly empty. I'm desperate for school to start so I can go to playgroup etc.

Maternity leave is horribly isolating.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    ****ed off, car was playing up before Christmas, 500$ later and it was 'fixed'
    Now car is doing the same **** again, I am still trying to fix my budget from where my car was fixed last time.

I've only owned the stupid thing for 6 months
    I don't have the money to fix it again!

I wish I could get a loan and get a decent car

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cleaning my house as we have a friend visiting today 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sticky tapping a box back together for Ds2. Ds1 broke the box while DS2 was in it, and DS2 started following me moping with the broken piece in hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Over school holidays!!
    36 weeks pregnant, I'm sore and tired. Trying to sort the house out and set up bubs room. It's too hot to go outside and all my kids have been doing for the last 2 days is fight and not listen to me at all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am..... #14

Feeling very sad for my son and very angry
    Last edited by Louise41; 06-01-2016 at 15:05.