Closed Thread
Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    I don't know how true this is, but a gossipy Mum at school one day was talking about a local fam with quite a few children, and said that once you have about 4 kids and no job, the pay from centrelink was equivalent to a full time job anyway.
    No idea if it's true or not, and I'm not going to find out first hand, either
    Wow really. ? I had no idea Centrelink paid so much

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am..... #14

Last edited by Louise41; 01-01-2016 at 21:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    I don't know how true this is, but a gossipy Mum at school one day was talking about a local fam with quite a few children, and said that once you have about 4 kids and no job, the pay from centrelink was equivalent to a full time job anyway.
    No idea if it's true or not, and I'm not going to find out first hand, either
    depends entirely on family circumstances,
    as a single parent I get 1400 a fortnight,

you get the base rate of parenting payment then ftb goes up by about 60-70 a week per each subsequent child,

so having 4 children you'd average about 800 family tax a/b and about 800 parenting depending on husbands income / if he is getting looking for work etc.

I guess it depends on what you classify as a 'full time paying job' if you're talkinn 40 ish grand a year then yep 4 kids probably would get you that
    (note these are rough calculations, Ive not used the calculator but you *Can* use it if you now how much rent a person pays and if both parties work/ dont work etc to figure it out roughly)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nemmi1987 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Me too . Her hubby does nothing at all. Always drinking and smoking how they afford that is beyond me
    sorry but those types really annoy me. spraying out kids they can't afford and expecting the welfare to support them. meanwhile they spend tax payers money on fags and booze.

they should receive food stamps instead of cash if they're going to waste the money they receive on crap like that.

why should some people who work and pay their taxes and behave self sufficiently have to fund losers like this?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    sorry but those types really annoy me. spraying out kids they can't afford and expecting the welfare to support them. meanwhile they spend tax payers money on fags and booze.

they should receive food stamps instead of cash if they're going to waste the money they receive on crap like that.

why should some people who work and pay their taxes and behave self sufficiently have to fund losers like this?
    do you resent someone who has the occasional drink? what if someone was already a smoker but lost their job?
    by 'losers like this' are you meaning people who dont behave 'self sufficiently' ? or just those who apparently drink and smoke alot?

taxes go on far more then welfare, welfare is a very, very small part of it, you realize a politician gets easily 2-3x more than someone surviving on welfare alone right?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nemmi1987 For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (01-01-2016),HearMeRoar  (01-01-2016),HeavenBlue  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am..... #14

Last edited by Louise41; 01-01-2016 at 21:07.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am..... #14

Last edited by Louise41; 01-01-2016 at 21:06.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Yep. Exactly. I ran in to her the other day and she told me about # 9 and said she hopes its twins lol I asked her if hubby was job hunting and she said no . They'd lose money if he did
    legally one of them has to be, Id be reporting that as chance are if theyre not 'job hunting' theyre dodging the looking for work sheet,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi1987 View Post
    do you resent someone who has the occasional drink? what if someone was already a smoker but lost their job?
    by 'losers like this' are you meaning people who dont behave 'self sufficiently' ? or just those who apparently drink and smoke alot?

taxes go on far more then welfare, welfare is a very, very small part of it, you realize a politician gets easily 2-3x more than someone surviving on welfare alone right?
    politicians do a job and work for their salaries. I agree they're grossly overpaid but the point is, they work for their pay.

I'm not going to apologize for my opinions. I can't stand blatantly irresponsible people who choose not to work, pump out child after child they'd have no way of supporting if not for welfare then spend their money on fags and booze.

of course I'm not talking about people who work and elect to spend their discretionary income on cigarettes and drink. they've earned that money and it's theirs to spend as they wish.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am..... #14

Last edited by Louise41; 01-01-2016 at 21:05.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (01-01-2016),HearMeRoar  (01-01-2016)