Closed Thread
Page 60 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    Big hugs @calicocat xxxx

I am waiting for DS1 to wake up so we can go visit my Dad in hospital then go to the park. It's 11:10am! He's ten for crying out loud, not even a sleepy teenager! I've tickled him, ripped the blanket off, poked his belly button.... Nothing. *twiddles thumbs*
    Iced bucket of water *evil smirk*

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Big hugs @calicocat
    That's so unfair! My Dp is like that. All the time. Never thinks. Must be a male thing. I'd ring him and tell him to get his butt home and share the responsibility by giving u a break! Big hugs. Xo
    It sometimes feels like I'm living with a teenager, he just wants to go play with his mates and do his own thing and my stuff just has to fit in around it. 😤
    I thought I may have overreacted a bit but all of your comments have changed my mind. Tomorrow is all mine whether he likes it or not!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    how old is your dh?

I often wonder if this phenomenon of men behaving like overgrown school boys comes from the fact that maybe they're not fully grown up and ready for the rigors of home life/being a supportive dad/partner?

was having this conversation the other day actually with friends about how we are all now at ages where we are totally over the partying/going out with mates and any friends activities are usually child-centric as everyone else has kids too.

I think guys whose mates are still single/childless probably struggle more as they're torn between being the supportive dad/partner at home yet still wanting to go out and party with friends. or, at very least, not completely ready to give up their "old life" for the responsibilities etc that come with having kids.

I'm 35 and my husband is 36 and we are both completely on the same page so I don't face this issue and the conflict that comes with it.

I'm not even sure if there's a resolution for it really. I guess you just need to emphasize to him more strongly that you need alone/free time too and then stick to getting it. I don't think it's in their mentality to think for themselves "she might like a break too". women should be clearer in communicating their needs. if he still ignores your requests then, then I'd say you've got issues. it is a bit unfair though to expect him to just read your mind.

if he's previously agreed to let you have a day off however, and has not honored that commitment, then you need to raise that with him. that's just unfair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @turquoisecoast he's 40. I think maybe that's part of the problem, he didn't have to think about kids for a long time (DS is 2) so he's just used to having his freedom.
    A lot of his friends have older kids that are more independent and can either be left at home or tag along with the adults, we're a while away from that yet. He does have really nice friends, they're a good bunch of guys, they're just always so busy going on adventures and travelling, I guess I feel a bit left behind.
    I'm definitely sometimes guilty of not being clear enough with him about wanting my own time, I need to speak up more, or maybe I should schedule something recurring for a set day/time each week so he knows that is my time.
    Thanks for your reply, it's given me some things to think about.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to calicocat For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I am..... #14

Last edited by Louise41; 01-01-2016 at 21:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    In shock. Just found out my neighbour is having baby # 9. Both her and hubby don't work . I don't know how they afford 9 kids with no work..
    The more kids you have the more FTB and and parenting payment you get. Plus things like a health care card.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    At the park with the kids. It is a perfect day. May never go home.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    The more kids you have the more FTB and and parenting payment you get. Plus things like a health care card.
    True but 9 kids and not one parent works? Crazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd have to work to keep sane!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (01-01-2016)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I don't know how true this is, but a gossipy Mum at school one day was talking about a local fam with quite a few children, and said that once you have about 4 kids and no job, the pay from centrelink was equivalent to a full time job anyway.
    No idea if it's true or not, and I'm not going to find out first hand, either