Closed Thread
Page 29 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    well maybe some people are good at saving? I'd have the money ready to go but I realise not everyone is the same. I work 4 days per week, hubby is 5 days. we'll be going down to one wage when I'm on mat leave end of jan then hopefully ppl will help us out once bubs is born.

but I'll be heading back to work in September (hopefully! pending a childcare spot!). it's a little unfair to assume those who have $2k ready to go "don't need childcare". I need childcare. we have no family around to watch bub for us so if we don't get a childcare spot, I guess I can't go back to work.

childcare is for everyone.
    Yes it is, which is why it should be an enrollment fee (that everyone can afford to pay) not 4 week advance payment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    Attachment 76234
    2nd paragraph
    Hey this says that just the gap is payable, not the whole amount. Honestly just because the CC centre doesn't have their ****e sorted with Centrelink they can't expect people to cough up full fees.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (11-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    Yes it is, which is why it should be an enrollment fee (that everyone can afford to pay) not 4 week advance payment.
    I agree completely with that.

I know nothing about childcare yet but 4 weeks fees upfront seems a bit strange.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (10-12-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (11-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hmmm, 4 weeks is way OTT, but maybe they are doing that as they are a completely new facility. Their explanation does sound reasonable, just not the cost! I don't think I paid any deposit when either kid went in. I was just put in the normal invoice roster and paid as requested. They do 2 weeks in advance, but it's obviously not a huge deal as they close over Christmas and they will invoice us in early Jan for the first 2 weeks back - the week the kids return.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (11-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Smiling to myself & realising that I am so not done having babies.
    12 day old DD2 just finished a feed, then smiled and laughed in her sleep. I can't wait until she starts doing that for real.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (11-12-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (11-12-2015),Mamasupial  (11-12-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (11-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    They probably don't. It is brand spanking new. As I was being shown around today the director apologised for the lack of furniture and activities in some of the rooms- she said once they divided their stock pile between all the rooms, what they thought had been enough suddenly became nowhere near enough.

I also sent off forms to a local FDC company. I am anticipating their fees to be less because I will provide all food, drinks and nappies (hoping to tt dd soon anyway) and they won't ask a ridiculous up front fee.
    The gamble is whether I can get 5 days with the one carer.

Just on the tt/ nappies part, ages 0-3 is $108 per day, 3-5 is $98 per day. Is nappies the $10 difference per day here? Because $10 per day is a large difference for only nappies? And if I tt dd I would have difficulty parting with an extra $50 per week that I wasn't actually benefiting from, you know? (I could be wrong on that assumption though. I have a terrible track record with ccc's!)
    The carer:child is different in the 2 age groups.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (11-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default I am..... #14

Irrationally annoyed at the Kmart website. I'm trying to order a toy for my little cousin and was wanting to use click and collect but the stupid site keeps telling me there is no stock in my area and won't let me even proceed me to the part where I select click and collect. I'm NOT driving to whoop whoop to where they apparently do have stock. 😫

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Getting ready for my church's Christmas carols night - Baubles and Brass. We're partnering with a local brass band to put on the event. I'm in the choir, so I have to be there earlier than those in the audience to get some last minute practise in.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (11-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla View Post
    Getting ready for my church's Christmas carols night - Baubles and Brass. We're partnering with a local brass band to put on the event. I'm in the choir, so I have to be there earlier than those in the audience to get some last minute practise in.
    Sounds beautiful.
    We love that sort of thing

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (11-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Sounds like they don't have their cash flow sorted and want their customers to fix the problem.
    The child care my daughter went to required the full terms fees upfront at the commencement of each term. Like a private school. Only no rebate until the end of the term.

It's legal and many do it here in WA. the owners of this particular one are VERY financially savvy. Needless to say my son and subsequent daughter didn't attend. We had the money but I just found it off putting.