Closed Thread
Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    I'm going to c/link tomorrow and finding out what % I'm entitled to.
    Because it's a brand new centre, the director was saying today something along the lines of the first 12 weeks will be a bit out of synch with c/link. I'm not quite sure.
    I just double checked my paperwork because hearing that this practice isn't the norm made me question it. But I'm definitely right- they're asking for four weeks payment, and then regular deductions won't occur until 2 weeks after begin date so payments will always be 2 weeks in advance.
    Sounds like they don't have their cash flow sorted and want their customers to fix the problem.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (10-12-2015),TheGooch  (10-12-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Sounds like they don't have their cash flow sorted and want their customers to fix the problem.
    This!

I looked into every ccc in my town when enrolling DS. Not a single one had a policy like this. They often had a policy that you had to give 2 weeks notice on removing your child from the centre but that was it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    They probably don't. It is brand spanking new. As I was being shown around today the director apologised for the lack of furniture and activities in some of the rooms- she said once they divided their stock pile between all the rooms, what they thought had been enough suddenly became nowhere near enough.

I also sent off forms to a local FDC company. I am anticipating their fees to be less because I will provide all food, drinks and nappies (hoping to tt dd soon anyway) and they won't ask a ridiculous up front fee.
    The gamble is whether I can get 5 days with the one carer.

Just on the tt/ nappies part, ages 0-3 is $108 per day, 3-5 is $98 per day. Is nappies the $10 difference per day here? Because $10 per day is a large difference for only nappies? And if I tt dd I would have difficulty parting with an extra $50 per week that I wasn't actually benefiting from, you know? (I could be wrong on that assumption though. I have a terrible track record with ccc's!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    Despondent. Went and looked through a brand new Cc centre today for dd as I go back to work with the new school year. It was lovely and amazing. We have a spot.
    All i have to do is fill out the forms and pay 4 weeks in advance to secure our spot.
    It is $108 a day for 0-3. So, $540 a week. So 4 weeks is $2200.
    Um.. I have $30 in my bank. I literally don't know how I'm going to feed my always starving boys, let alone find over $2k.
    Talk about a catch 22. Can't go to work unless I have day care. Ant pay for day care until I go to work.
    How does anyone do it?! 😫
    speak with the director and see if you can go on a payment plan. that's ridiculous you may have to forfeit your spot due to lack of funds! they should be able to accommodate parents of all financial backgrounds.

explain once you're back in paid work, it won't be a problem but that until you have a regular cash flow happening again, you're a bit stuck.

alternatively, could centrelink ofer you a short term loan?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (10-12-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I only paid $250 as a deposit and I thought that was a bit rich! Definitely see what you can sort out. That's ludicrous.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have to agree. I actually think that they aren't legally allowed to ask for that much. 2 weeks yes because you have to give 2 weeks notice when finishing care but definitely not 4 weeks. How can they honestly think that people have that kind of money just sitting there to be used on advance child care fees. Absolutely ridiculous!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I only paid $250 as a deposit and I thought that was a bit rich! Definitely see what you can sort out. That's ludicrous.
    I'm so glad to find out this is odd. I plan on taking dd back next week for another look (and so df can have a look) and I'll talk to the director. How anyone could possibly pay that much upfront- right around Christmas- is beyond me. They would be the type of family who wouldn't need cc anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default I am..... #14

well maybe some people are good at saving? I'd have the money ready to go but I realise not everyone is the same. I work 4 days per week, hubby is 5 days. we'll be going down to one wage when I'm on mat leave end of jan then hopefully ppl will help us out once bubs is born.

but I'll be heading back to work in September (hopefully! pending a childcare spot!). it's a little unfair to assume those who have $2k ready to go "don't need childcare". I need childcare. we have no family around to watch bub for us so if we don't get a childcare spot, I guess I can't go back to work.

childcare is for everyone.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (10-12-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Rejoicing that DS wore shoes for the first time today! All day!
    At 15 months he was starting to look like the little kid no one loves. And OMG so dirty all the time!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (10-12-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (11-12-2015)