Closed Thread
Page 26 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I must be living under a rock... Who/what is Kimye?
    *gasp* Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (10-12-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Disgusted that Gerard Baden Clay had his murder conviction reduced to manslaughter on appeal.
    Didn't he have every opportunity during trial to explain what happened and still maintained he had nothing to do with it?
    What is this? Second chance draw?
    I could tell the truth but choose not to - until I don't get the outcome I want, so I provide another option and essentially get off.
    I know I don't know the ins and outs. I know I'm not a lawyer, but something is wrong here.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (08-12-2015),HearMeRoar  (08-12-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (09-12-2015),Mod-Uniquey  (15-12-2015),MrsSS  (08-12-2015),~Marigold~  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Disgusted that Gerard Baden Clay had his murder conviction reduced to manslaughter on appeal.
    Didn't he have every opportunity during trial to explain what happened and still maintained he had nothing to do with it?
    I could tell the truth but choose not to - until I don't get the outcome I want, so I provide another option and essentially get off.
    I know I don't know the ins and outs. I know I'm not a lawyer, but something is wrong here.
    The attorney general is apparently looking to appeal today's decision. Could you imagine being one of his kids. He might think it's a win today, but he's still lost because there's no way his kids could ever forgive him for killing their mum..

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (08-12-2015),MrsSS  (08-12-2015),TheGooch  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I am baffled by this! I thought he claimed he had nothing to do with her death?!? Now he's admitting killing her unintentionally? Or am I just misunderstanding this?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (08-12-2015),TheGooch  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am..... #14

It's awful.... Oscar Pistorius was also granted bail. Sigh.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDent View Post
    Yes I am baffled by this! I thought he claimed he had nothing to do with her death?!? Now he's admitting killing her unintentionally? Or am I just misunderstanding this?
    This is my understanding, unless I've missed the point.
    During trial I believe he denied it but now his lawyers are saying there was insufficient evidence to prove he intended to kill her. So I now don't knew if that means they're saying he did it, and it was an accident, or he COULD have done it and it might have been an accident. Well isn't that what the trial was for to offer an alternative?
    Makes me sick.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    None of it points to accidental - life insurance policy, the affair, dumping her body and lying about it... What an awful slimy man. I hope this is a short-lived reprieve.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    he COULD have done it and it might have been an accident.
    Basically this is what they're saying...

To be convicted of something there has to be no reasonable doubt that you are guilty of that particular crime. They found that although they have no doubt that he was responsible for her death, they do have doubt that he intended to kill her. Therefore the murder (intent) conviction was overturned, and was replaced with a manslaughter (unintentional death) conviction.

He still maintains his innocence, but that's irrelevant to the court proceedings...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (08-12-2015),TheGooch  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    Basically this is what they're saying...

To be convicted of something there has to be no reasonable doubt that you are guilty of that particular crime. They found that although they have no doubt that he was responsible for her death, they do have doubt that he intended to kill her. Therefore the murder (intent) conviction was overturned, and was replaced with a manslaughter (unintentional death) conviction.

He still maintains his innocence, but that's irrelevant to the court proceedings...
    This helps. Thanks!
    I couldn't wrap my head around it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    If he didn't mean to kill her, why dump her body, why lie about the scratches on his face, why not say to the police "I've killed my wife unintentionally".

He's evil.