+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I find food these days a frustrating prospect. Everything is bad for you. Now red meat is as well. I've lost my weight doing low carb high fat and reading into it months ago there is good evidence to say carbs like bread, pasta etc are HUGE causes of the belly fat that causes heart disease. So carbs kill you. And meat. And fat. And dairy. And sugar.

It seems unless we are fully vegan we are in trouble..... and I'm sure there will be evidence soon to find there is something wrong with veges as well

Attachment 74819
    And yet many people struggle on a vegan diet. I don't think there is one answer for every one. What one person thrives on will make another sickly. We all have different genetic makeups and backgrounds. I really wish common sense would prevail, however this is easier said than done as there is so much conflicting info out there.

I guess of this kind of thing makes people think twice about what they're putting in their mouths than its a good thing - but they're not saying eating the odd piece of meat is going to kill you. For most people completely avoiding meat would be a bad thing and probably cause them to eat a diet too high in carbs/sugar with more obvious health risks. Balance is they key!! Too much of anything is a bad thing. Humans weren't designed to live off lettuce alone 😊

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can I be honest here and say I'd rather not live forever but live happy and enjoy life with a generous servings of bacon, wine, cheese, flaky pastry, a well cooked steak and spicy curries.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (28-10-2015),delirium  (28-10-2015),Mod-Degrassi  (28-10-2015),mummymaybe  (28-10-2015),snowqu33n  (28-10-2015),sunnygirl79  (28-10-2015),SuperGranny  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default The end of the sausage sizzle.....

Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    Ok so this might be a silly question but.... If I am buying nitrate free organic lamb sausages should I be worried. I never really considered this to be a processed meat. I just thought it was the fattier off cuts of lamb all minced up finely and put in a tube. I'm feeling so silly now because I put a lot of thought into most food that I feed my toddler but since I found an organic butcher that I really like I have just been buying his products without giving them much thought. Woops
    Organic and nitrate free is better but the salt content in sausages is another reason I would avoid them for kids , plus if you BBQ or char any meat, organic or not it becomes carcinogenic so I would look at adding red meat to say pasta sauces or doing more roasts or pan fry lamb cutlets and finish them off in the oven to get the most nutrients from the meat ( and yes grass fed organic is preferred!) plus try get her to eat more fish 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Seriously, the number of things listed these days that contribute to cancer can make your head spin. Everything in moderation is key. Pretty sure having a few slices of bacon every now and then is fine as long as your diet consists of plenty of fruit and veggies in between. The general public needs to calm down. After all, bacon is DELICIOUS.

And sometimes, even "organic" is not nearly as "organic" as you would hope or think.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hopeful1986 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (28-10-2015),mummymaybe  (28-10-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (28-10-2015),snowqu33n  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    And yet many people struggle on a vegan diet. I don't think there is one answer for every one. What one person thrives on will make another sickly. We all have different genetic makeups and backgrounds. I really wish common sense would prevail, however this is easier said than done as there is so much conflicting info out there.

I guess of this kind of thing makes people think twice about what they're putting in their mouths than its a good thing - but they're not saying eating the odd piece of meat is going to kill you. For most people completely avoiding meat would be a bad thing and probably cause them to eat a diet too high in carbs/sugar with more obvious health risks. Balance is they key!! Too much of anything is a bad thing. Humans weren't designed to live off lettuce alone ������
    Completely agree! I've noticed that different people need to cut or add food to lose weight according to how our body processes and holds nutrients. I personally cannot consume over probably 60g of carbs a day without gaining and getting a belly. Others have no issue with carbs but find sugar is the enemy.

It's all common sense really. Cut out the processed stuff eat fresh, eat smaller portions. I personally hate the diet/fitness craze with all these stupid eating patterns and Orthorexic eating.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post

And sometimes, even "organic" is not nearly as "organic" as you would hope or think.
    Yep, 'organic' is quite often a very open term with a large price tag and science says organic really isn't better anyway. (Please don't beat me with sticks lol )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Can I be honest here and say I'd rather not live forever but live happy and enjoy life with a generous servings of bacon, wine, cheese, flaky pastry, a well cooked steak and spicy curries.
    Totally agree.
    @delirium what's wrong with veggies and fruit? Well for starters, they are getting sweeter and sweeter to cater to our ever growing love of sugar. The sugar content is getting way high compared to yesteryear.

I'm not even joking 😝

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    Totally agree.
    @delirium what's wrong with veggies and fruit? Well for starters, they are getting sweeter and sweeter to cater to our ever growing love of sugar. The sugar content is getting way high compared to yesteryear.

I'm not even joking ������
    See what I mean! That ice is looking guuuurd!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    See what I mean! That ice is looking guuuurd!
    Except if the ice is made of tap water cause that has fluoride...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    Australian dietary guidelines have, for a long while, recommended only a moderate amount of red meat as part of a healthy diet. So, I don't think that the possible WHO recommendations are actually anything particularly new.

I'll still be lining up at Bunnings for a sausage in a bun!
    Yup!!!

It's old news to me.