+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for any reassurance!

My husband and I have been trying to conceive baby number 2 for almost a year. We have an 18 month old and I had a miscarriage in january this year. My period is now 8 days late and I have been doing tests since the day my period was due. They were all negative and I started to get some brownish discharge (sorry tmi) which I thought oh well here's my period. Still no proper period 4 days later so thought I would take another test. And it's positive! I am totally confused due to the discharge and terrified it's going to end in another mc. Anyone have any similar experiences?

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I didn't get any spotting or bleeding that early with ds but had 10 days worth of bleeding at 6.5-8 weeks. It could go either way with bleeding in early pregnancy. You could go to a gp and get a referral to a dating scan at around 6-7 weeks to check viability or get a couple of bts to see if your hcg is rising normally.

Good luck! Fx everything is ok and you have a little bubba snuggling in tight xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

FTMumma  (23-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi @FTMumma,

How worrying for you love

Sometimes bleeding in pregnancy is ok and other times it's not so good. The trouble is it's very hard to tell what's happening from that alone, especially so early into the pregnancy.

If it were me I'd be off to see my GP and I'd ask to have an HCG test done now, and one in a few days time, to see if it's rising. That would be your first step I think.

I did IVF and I had some implantation bleeding 3 days after my embryo transfer. It was just like a brownish smear of old blood - very light though and not the sort of bleeding you would need a pad for. Just enough to stain the toilet paper. What you are describing could potentially be that.

Either way, with a +HPT it certainly sounds like something is trying to happen for you. everything works out ok for you.

Blossom

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

FTMumma  (23-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Could be implantation bleed? I had that with DS, only lasted about 24 hrs just brown spotting, prob around similar time.

In my experience docs won't worry unless it's fresh blood.

I had brown spotting for weeks before my miscarriage and they basically ignored the fact, saying it was normal and heaps of women get spotting for many different reasons.

Get some BT if you are worried, but these don't necessarily ease the stress either. See if you can book in a scan around 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    UPDATE:
    Well since I last posted the spotting stopped completely. I had one instance on Saturday when I wiped and there was a tiny bit of pinkish blood and nothing after that (6 days ago) I had an appointment with my Ob Gyn on Tuesday and he recommended some blood tests to see what my HCG is doing. I had one on Tuesday which confirmed a level of HCG consistent with pregnancy and I had another one this morning. I have absolutely everything crossed that the level has risen.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FTMumma For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update no.2

Hi ladies. Well I am more confused and stressed then ever!!!! My Ob called on Friday to advise that my HCG had more then doubled in 48 hours great that's fantastic. Saturday I start getting the brown spotting again and it hasn't stopped. Its basically only when I wipe. I am sooooo over this roller coaster ride. It is such a tease to think everything is going great then BANG. At this point I am losing all hope very fast

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Looking for any reassurance!

Don't lose hope! I had a lot of bleeding in pregnancy from light brown spotting to heavy red flow and it was horrible. In my case Bub was always fine. They had no idea why I bled.

Doctors told me spotting is quite common and brown is old blood. Fresh red blood is more of a worry. I would reccomend getting repeat bloods and u/s to get a better picture of what is going on.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    If you are getting very stressed and worried maybe get a scan. You bts are a good sign. Sometimes they can see the source of the bleeding. As Patience said, old blood is better than red, though I had brown, pink, red and clots and ds was safely snuggled up in there. I think it was caused by an irritated cervix.

Try to stay positive and fx the spotting stops soon and your pregnancy is uneventful from now on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FTMumma View Post
    Hi ladies. Well I am more confused and stressed then ever!!!! My Ob called on Friday to advise that my HCG had more then doubled in 48 hours great that's fantastic. Saturday I start getting the brown spotting again and it hasn't stopped. Its basically only when I wipe. I am sooooo over this roller coaster ride. It is such a tease to think everything is going great then BANG. At this point I am losing all hope very fast
    Oh big hugs I have definitely been there. So stressful not knowing which way it's going to go. And tbh no one can likely tell you for sure at this stage. Very frustrating but you really don't have much choice but to wait and see how it progresses. Have you got a scan booked?

Like others have said so many 'normal' things could be causing the spotting. It doesn't automatically mean a miscarriage. But I know this is little help as you're going to worry every time you see a spot - I know I did. There really isn't much you can do until your next scan - and hopefully they can tell you something either way then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a similar situation, had a positive test this morning and yesterday but today I'm getting some brownish discharge when I wipe and have a dull period like ache. I'm worried I'm starting to lose. I did do some quite heavy exercise the past week before I suspected and did squats etc yesterday so hoping that hasn't caused it. It's def not fresh blood though or bright red. I'm guessing I just have to keep everything crossed and test again in a few days unless I start heavy bleeding.

keeping everything crossed for you too xx