+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I had DET and got one. There is currently studies being conducted overseas in regards to sacrificial embies. I don't believe that the idea is being widely accepted.
    There's a lot of unknowns and different opinions on IVF. My clinic don't normally do double transfers, but they also normally do day 5s and mine were day 3s, so they were happy to make an exception.
    I've known several outcomes from double transfers. A few have had twins, I know of one set of triplets and a lot of singles. Unfortunately there are also a lot of negative results as well. You need to go into it feeling that you can cope with any outcome.
    I'm so happy not to be going down this road any more. My first son was the result of a cycle that I was advised to cancel due to poor response. However it was to be my last before trying a donor, so I was incredibly lucky that one of the two eggs collected resulted in a baby.
    I just feel that it's something no one can predict and all FSs and patients have different opinions and experiences. At the end of the day you need to be comfortable with thd choices that you make and feel that you have the support of your clinic.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ManchesterLass For This Useful Post:

woof5105  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterLass View Post
    There's a lot of unknowns and different opinions on IVF. My clinic don't normally do double transfers, but they also normally do day 5s and mine were day 3s, so they were happy to make an exception.
    I've known several outcomes from double transfers. A few have had twins, I know of one set of triplets and a lot of singles. Unfortunately there are also a lot of negative results as well. You need to go into it feeling that you can cope with any outcome.
    I'm so happy not to be going down this road any more. My first son was the result of a cycle that I was advised to cancel due to poor response. However it was to be my last before trying a donor, so I was incredibly lucky that one of the two eggs collected resulted in a baby.
    I just feel that it's something no one can predict and all FSs and patients have different opinions and experiences. At the end of the day you need to be comfortable with thd choices that you make and feel that you have the support of your clinic.
    Sorry ML, I hope you don't think I was trying to dispute anything you said. At the time of my DET, I felt the theory made sense and was comfortable that it was the right decision for me. I was merely stating that despite the results, many FS still didn't accept the theory of the sacrificial embryo and that most still believed that DET just increased your chances of twins, not pregnancy (if that makes sense). I only quoted as my post was related to what you had said.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ManchesterLass  (23-10-2015),woof5105  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Sorry ML, I hope you don't think I was trying to dispute anything you said. At the time of my DET, I felt the theory made sense and was comfortable that it was the right decision for me. I was merely stating that despite the results, many FS still didn't accept the theory of the sacrificial embryo and that most still believed that DET just increased your chances of twins, not pregnancy (if that makes sense). I only quoted as my post was related to what you had said.
    I didn't think you were disputing it, just trying to express (badly, I think) that they really don't know a lot about IVF. Why great embryos and linings don't mean a pregnancy and why ratty tatty embryos can take.
    I'm not sure whether I believe it or not, but given the option of growing my embryos to day 5 or putting them back (they wouldn't freeze day 3s), I decided to pop them both back. I was relieved that only one took though! There is no way my FS would have transferred 2 day 5s as the risk of twins was too high for his liking. Sorry if I came across grumpy...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ManchesterLass For This Useful Post:

woof5105  (25-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterLass View Post
    I didn't think you were disputing it, just trying to express (badly, I think) that they really don't know a lot about IVF. Why great embryos and linings don't mean a pregnancy and why ratty tatty embryos can take.
    I'm not sure whether I believe it or not, but given the option of growing my embryos to day 5 or putting them back (they wouldn't freeze day 3s), I decided to pop them both back. I was relieved that only one took though! There is no way my FS would have transferred 2 day 5s as the risk of twins was too high for his liking. Sorry if I came across grumpy...
    That's OK, I just always worry about upsetting people on the hub when tone is so difficult to communicate. No way my clinic would have let me transfer 2 day 5s either. My last transfer they flat out refused to transfer 2 day 3s (what I had last time) even though one was absolutr rubbish. I agree they have no idea why sometimes the perfect embryo doesn't stick and others the crapiest do.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 24-10-2015 at 11:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All my transfers where day 3...with 1 day 5....and all at least double transfers....as u can see from me siggy....alot of bfns... ive had two singletons and my last transfer was a triple day 3s which resulted in a triplet pregnancy. ...however we lost 1...and gave birth to twin boys....

I think if ure transfering day 5 good quality embys ure pregnancy risk for multiples is huge....i have pcos my eggies not great...i had also 6 yrs of straight bfns.... i was happy for multiples...but yes the pregnancy was stressful and the risks higher...we where blessed not to have massive problems. ..and now 2 healthy boys.
    I also think emby quality isnt the only thing that gets u pregnant....natural killer cells should also be considered for example.
    Only u know the right choice.
    Goodluck.
    Last edited by katiana; 24-10-2015 at 19:42.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to katiana For This Useful Post:

woof5105  (25-10-2015)