+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default High HCG and bleeding with cramps

Hi everyone. I understand this is a common question, but I'm worried. I'm 5weeks and 4 days pregnant. My first bleeding occurred 3 days ago - went straight to the GP and got blood test - my HCG was 23,500. My second blood test was 36,300. I have bleed only twice more in that 3 days. It's like a period, and can be bright or dark in colour. My doctor is still convinced, deposit the HCG, that I will miscarry. This is my first pregnancy. Also I have a history of cervical bleeding, especially after sex.

I still feel pregnant, am I crazy? I have another blood test and a scan scheduled for next week, just interested in feedback.

Thx,
    LalaG.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't think your HCG would continue to rise if you were indeed miscarrying? When I miscarried my numbers fell very rapidly and within days they were back to 0. Sorry I don't have any real advice. I hope your not miscarrying and its just a bleed from somewhere else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hcg can continue to rise when miscarrying, it can take a while for the body to catch up. Whilst falling numbers mean an imminent miscarriage, rising numbers alone are no guarantee everything is ok.

That said, your numbers are very high for 5 weeks. So can understand the confusion. Do you have any other symptoms other than bleeding? There are so many other things that could be causing the bleed. One thing that comes to mind is a possible lost 'twin'. Heaps of girls on here have had that.. And still had one healthy baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all. My latest hormone levels were 80,000 and the bleeding has stopped. Fingers crossed for our first scan today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LalaG View Post
    Thanks all. My latest hormone levels were 80,000 and the bleeding has stopped. Fingers crossed for our first scan today.
    How did your scan go today @LalaG?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It is a good sign that your HCG is rising & that you still "feel" pregnant. Hope all went ok with your scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBMummy82 View Post
    How did your scan go today @LalaG?
    My scan showed 2 sacs, one empty though. The other has a baby with heartbeat, and I'm a couple days dither along than I thought. We are happy, and this explains the bleeding and hormone levels too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LalaG For This Useful Post:

Ashling  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news!