+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Stretch Marks

Hi,

Does anyone use any stretch mark creams etc that are good??

I know it has a lot to do with genetics but still no harm in trying to prevent them

I currently use organic coconut oil (I use this all over my body inc tummy).

I have heard Rosehip oil or Shea Butter is good too?

Also, a brand called Skin Juice has Mummy's Tummy? I use the skin care but have not tried this. Has anyone used this before?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not sure how it goes at preventing stretch marks but I have been using the luminesce body renewal cream to help heal mine. Have only just started using it about a month ago so no results yet that photos would show but i think theres a difference (im also using on my csection scar) It is part of the luminesce skin care range from jeunesse. You can probably google to see ppls before and after photos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I use rosehip oil and blend with coconut oil (as rosehip is quite expensive and you don't need much, coconut oil helps to stretch it out). I've also used a range of other blends, wheat germ oil is another good one. As much as I am sure it's genetics, I too smother myself in everything as if it even works a little I am happy to try. I didn't get stretch marks with my first pregnancy but know it's no guarantee this one will be the same, have been oiling my belly twice daily since about 8 weeks.

I also use the GAIA belly butter for when I don't want an oily belly, it is more like a moisturiser and doesn't transfer into clothes etc like oil can.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Marleygirl1  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Strata Mark is a new product that has been trialled that *seems* to have good reviews. Also stay hydrated as the damage occurs beneath the layers you are applying creams to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used Clarins Body Toning Oil religiously twice a day whilst pregnant. I had a 4kg baby any put on 21kgs but didn't get a single stretch mark. But who really knows whether it was the oil or luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    First two pregnancies I put on cream both Shea butter and bio oil. Stretch marks galore. They all disappeared tho.

Third bub i did nothing but I did eat a high fat diet (avocado, nuts. Salmon etc) and had a 4.5kg bub so I was huge. Not a single mark.

Go figure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let me know what you choose op. My first pregnancy I used bio oil religiously... I had a 3.7kg baby but only put on 9kg and it was all in front totally massive out front and let me tell you I'm full of stretch marks. I actually call it my crater stomach. Indentations in my skin, I doubt any cream would have prevented that. Now I'm on my second pregnancy and thinking of trying something else haven't decided what yet. Will just try to prevent getting more or the ones I have getting worse. Good luck and let me know what you choose

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used the Mummy's Tummy by Skin Juice twice a day and also exfoliated my stomach every day with the Garnier Oil Scrub.

I gained 20kgs and gave three tiny stretch marks on my hip! Plus my mum is covered in stretch marks!

Exfoliating is so important!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I read somewhere is mainly just genetics, you either get them or you don't.

Doesn't stop me from applying bio oil, mustela (not a fan of the smell) and shea butter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This might seem like a silly question but is the coconut oil people are using just the standard stuff you use for cooking? Or is there a modified version for moisturising purposes?