+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy vitamins

Hi all,
    I found that i cant take pregnancy vitamins as they make me sick so i have been told to just take vitamin d, folate and iron.

Just wanting to know what everyone is taking during their pregnancy.
    Thanks x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It could be the iron in them that's making you sick. I would stick with the folate and vit d and only have the iron if your low. If you are low maybe start increasing the dose very slowly. I used to cut a 20mg iron tablet with scissors into quarters

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found elevit didnt sit well for me but i now use blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding gold. I have found it better to take them when i have eaten though and not on an empty stomach

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I took Blackmore's iFolate for the first three months. I couldnt stomach anything else (all multi-vitamins make me sick unless I take them mid-meal), and the ifolate gave me what I needed- folate and iodine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    I took Blackmore's iFolate for the first three months. I couldnt stomach anything else (all multi-vitamins make me sick unless I take them mid-meal), and the ifolate gave me what I needed- folate and iodine.
    I take this and 2x Ostelin capsules.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou ladies. Im just wanting to make sure our bub is getting all it needs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bub will definitely get all it needs from you. Your blood tests will tell you if you need to supplement anything other than the folic acid and iodine so don't stress until you get bloods done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know i have to take iron and vitamin d as my levels where low even before i fell pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spatone is liquid iron and is gentle on the stomach so doesn't make you feel as sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Funny, I just came on here to ask the same question! I've been seeing a nutritionist because I don't absorb folate the normal way but my midwife basically told me it's "all crap" and I'm all confused about who I should listen to. She said vitamins aren't needed but when I asked her more specific questions she shurugged them off and didn't really answer me. So... I'm currently only taking vitamin d (as I'm low) and folic acid. I'm 27 weeks. So paranoid I'm doing the wrong thing! Thanks for starting this thread.