+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your comment. Yes I'm on anti depressants and also going through therapy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can I just start by saying I had pnd and ptsd after my son was born. Just because you have been diagnosed with this under no circumstances does it automatically mean that you are going to hurt your child and that you shouldn't be trusted with them.

Yes what he has done is classed as dv. I suggest that you both need to attend counseling whether it be together or separately so you both can work through what is causing this behavior from him and also your feelings of self doubt caused by his actions. This needs to be done before it escalates any further.

If you still feel in danger than an escape plan is of your utmost priority.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

Member1182  (23-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your comment. Can I ask how you overcame your PND? Are you now able to lead a 'normal' life? I just feel like I don't know what that feels like anymore. Almost a foreign concept.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I also have PND, depression the list goes on. I always flare my DH up. I'm insecure etc due to this but he would always say no I trust you with your babies, your a great mum. Even if we split.

Do you get help? Where are you located? I attend PND work shops/similar to mothers group but for mums with PND. It's very helpful. send me pm.

I would also say it's abuse. And attending your child nurse for help/ you could recurve help on both things

6. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Member1182  (23-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Member1182 View Post
    Thanks for your comment. Can I ask how you overcame your PND? Are you now able to lead a 'normal' life? I just feel like I don't know what that feels like anymore. Almost a foreign concept.
    My ds is now 19 months old and the first 12 months or so of his life are a blur to me to be honest.

I overcame pnd and ptsd by working through the things that would cause flare ups and bad days. The biggest thing for me was getting help for my traumatic birth experience as that was my main trigger. I sought professional help quite early as I was lucky that a lovely mach nurse picked up on how I was feeling and that I wasn't coping. The professional assistance really really helped me.

Please know that there is light at the end of the tunnel

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

Member1182  (23-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PND diagnosis here, too. I'm still relatively early days treatment-wise, but feeling a lot better. At no point did I ever feel that I was a danger to myself or my son, but I definitely knew I wasn't able to be the mummy I wanted to be.
    Medication, psych/counselling, pnd support group, social networking have all helped. I learnt to let go of some things (having a spotless house, preparing and cooking all DS's food from scratch, constantly doing loads of laundry). I've also forced myself into doing things I used to do, so I felt more like me - occasionally putting on make up when I go out, painting my nails, getting my hair done, reading, planning weekend activities, getting out of the house. Not back to normal yet, but feeling a lot more focused and less on edge.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Member1182  (23-10-2015)