+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Traveling while pregnant - Bali

Hi,

Have you or do you know anyone who has traveled to Bali while pregnant?

Any tips, advice etc??

Have a wedding there next year and will be around 4-5 months

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went while pregnant & enjoyed myself immensely! I have been a few times so was quite comfortable travelling there while pregnant.
    We mainly just lazed about the resort, it was wonderful.
    We stayed in Nusa Dua literally across the road from the BIMC so that was reassuring. Look very closely at your travel insurance fine print, very few if any will cover you for a live birth. I went at 24 weeks & my insurance covered pregnancy complications etc but not live birth. So that was a chance we took.
    Other advice: take it easy in the humidity - be extra careful about hydration. All the usual rules about food in SE Asia apply: piping hot food, bottled water only, be wary of salads (may have been washed in local water). If you stay in a decent hotel (international standard) it should be pretty safe to eat there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thank you, i like the positive experience advice, too many people saying negative things and not to go.

Yeah I would only drink bottled water and lots of it and would be very careful with food, lots of insect repellent and sunscreen!

May I ask who you had travel insurance through??

And did you get vaccinations?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went on my honeymoon and was 5 months pregnant. It was fine and I had a ball. Just be careful with your food and definitely the water.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kalle For This Useful Post:

Marleygirl1  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I already had all my vaccinations before getting utd (work in healthcare), most people don't get any over & above the regular ones everyone gets on the schedule. If you're being super cautious you could look into Hep A & Typhoid, best to talk to your OB about these.
    As it was an IVF pregnancy we had to pay extra for it to be covered through Medibank, cost about $70 extra. I have read on these forums that cover more & Columbus direct have some of the best policies regarding pregnancy though.
    I researched the heck out of DEET insect repellents before I went, as there is a fair bit of Dengue fever in Bali. I decided to use it, it maybe talk to your ob about this also.